Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

I feel sad about this, not so much the loss FastPass as I never really felt the need to use it (as we tend to visit outside of school holidays etc) but the fact it is going to be a paid system. I think it cheapens the brand, a bit like Merlin parks.

I’m hopeful it will be unpopular and have a positive effect on standby lines.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Looks like the same thing is coming to WDW and Disneyland (Anaheim):
wdwnt/2021/07/disney-pre...d-resort-soon/
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I don't mind a virtual queue (standby passes) as this will help with the busier rides like crush's coaster or TOT. There wouldn't be a normal line if in use and it works well on Hagrids.

Alton towers doesn't have much to offer in terms of scenery or food so I can see why people pay to ride plus only go once a year perhaps. I would want to do all the rides if my only trip.

I have an AP for DLP and go off peak so I wouldn't want to pay for rides. Though universal have been charging for yearsvand people buy express passes so it must work
Old 7 Jul 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMum006
Being a bit Goofy

Disney are supposed to be one of the most family orientated companies out there but unfortunately this will price so many people out and make the experience one where there are two tiers of people, those who have money and those that don't.

It's not right.

I've seen that they are taking fastpasses away from the hotel rooms too, making the club level less attractive (first the take away drinks now this!)

I've not used standby pass yet, I wonder how similar it is - do you join towards the front, is it like a fastpass but without running all over the park to get tickets?
DisneyMum006 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvFlorida6056
Earning My Ears

Very Worried Standby and Premier Access

It was with some dismay that I learnt of the new system coming into force at DLP. What is particularly concerning is that I can see on a busy day the Standby Q coming into effect and that lets say you want to get on Hyper Space Mountain but are given a time near the end of the day, you are then not able to join any other standby queue until that is used, so you could find yourself not being able to ride at all unless you guessed it you buy the Premier Access for a particular ride.
Surely a much fairer system would be to have an express pass similar to that of Universal in Orlando giving unlimited rides at a much fairer cost.
LuvFlorida6056 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gr8WideSomewher
Excited about Disney

The thing with Disney has always been that they offered extras that you had to pay for, but those didn't usually impact on the experience of the regular guest - but this does just that!

Now wealthier people get a better experience and the rest of us get a worse one

Plus the people it will hit hardest is Disney's key demographic: families.

I hate this
Gr8WideSomewher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've just watched Brayden on youtube who says the same thing is coming to Orlando. You will also have to use an app just to get in the standby queue. Also saw that the most popular theme park in North America is Seaworld and that Disney only came 9th. This was on Allears website.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think this is my straw fir booking club level rooms tbh. Drinks to takeaway were great, gone. Fast pass. Gone.
Not worth the cost in my opinion now. Shame.
suziwong_96 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

i rememeber the heady days of unlimited special fastpasses in the empire state club. Then is was castle club only, i think they even removed those to single use now (which we got free in regular disneyland rooms back then).

our girls were not impressed. Even less so with standby queue effectively locking out portions of the day instead of fast passing.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

I think what they are doing here is disgraceful. Sure, Disney is expensive but once in there is a feeling of a shared experience and equality. What are they going to do next, charge for all character meets and photos?
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List