Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jul 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

i did mine today as a group application status was pending then 1 hour later it was approved and i just said no social media
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Aye Nadya, currently London's US Embassy appt status [plus most around the globe] is '999 calendar days' or 'emergency appts only'. Embassy wait times found HERE.

Embassy staff may be currently working to clear 2020/early 2021 applications. State27's Brit pal had a Sept 21 interview, now moved to May 2022. In May, FeFe's hubby applied for his visa renewal, impossible to obtain an appointment. My advice as a B2 holder, should your issue require online visa application do so soonest and regularly check for appt availability.

HERE's a 4 July 2021 thread re the Embassy situation, unfortunately some who had no idea of circumstances stated it was scaremonging, it isn't.
Thanks,yes we are making an application although i know theres no appts at the moment,i was up all night after the esta refusal checking everything out.Hoping we can get a visa for him for next august,fingers crossed!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bee happy View Post
Any news ? 🤞🤞🤞🤞
No nothing at all,to be honest im expecting a couple of months at least for any reply from redress,and expecting to need to get him a visa.Sorting application now,although no appts obviously for the forseeable.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nadya View Post
No nothing at all,to be honest im expecting a couple of months at least for any reply from redress,and expecting to need to get him a visa.Sorting application now,although no appts obviously for the forseeable.
What a nightmare, on the positive side it's a good job you applied early. My passport runs out June 2022 and we are due to visit Florida Aug 2022. I'm going to apply for new passport next week so I can apply for new ESTA ASAP. Keep us updated, have everything crossed you get something sorted 🤞
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Reading this thread has made me determined to get ours done this weekend for next summer. Got my new passport during the weeks so am all set.
OP, hope you get an early appointment. I have read of some on here who have travelled to Belfast as could get an earlier appointment there in the past.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Thanks,yes we are making an application although i know theres no appts at the moment,i was up all night after the esta refusal checking everything out.Hoping we can get a visa for him for next august,fingers crossed!
Hi Nadya - from previous research. Unless the US changes B2 visa rules, once one submits an electronic visa application they're tied in and must attend interview or, by default, visa is denied, this, in turn, impacts ESTA application as one must declare visa denial. Prior to the pandemic one could, with Embassy approval, defer the interview for a year, if one didn't attend an appointment by extension end the application was marked 'denied'.

Currently most/all US Embassies show wait times of '999 days' or 'emergency appointments only', indeed, one is currently unable to make an appointment/pay visa fee, at the London US Embassy. State27's Brit pal had their Sept 21 appointment changed to May 2022 by the Embassy.

A guess; Embassies are clearing 2020/early 21 backlog before placing appointment dates on their website, it seems wait times are 'how long is a piece of string' situation.
Old 23 Jul 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Reading this thread has made me determined to get ours done this weekend for next summer. Got my new passport during the weeks so am all set.
OP, hope you get an early appointment. I have read of some on here who have travelled to Belfast as could get an earlier appointment there in the past.
Hi Joshie - looking at 'wait times' on the Travel.State.gov site there may be little to no difference as Belfast are also 'Emergency Appts Only'... see HERE.
Old 26 Jul 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

OMG what a nightmare. You poor thing.

My UK passport is due for renewal next summer and I'm seriously thinking of applying for it now. I know they no longer forward date up to an extra 9 months if you apply early, but hey I can live with that.

Re the Esta, what is this about 'social media'? I dont understand. Is it a question about whether or not you use it?
Can someone enlighten me please as last Esta I applied for was back in 2019 (i think)

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Re the Esta, what is this about 'social media'? I dont understand. Is it a question about whether or not you use it?
Can someone enlighten me please as last Esta I applied for was back in 2019 (i think)
They ask you to declare your social media usernames. It was optional at the start but is now compulsory. There is an option for 'none' though but I recommend answering ESTA questions truthfully.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Thank you.
Yes I agree

I dont use SM a lot but do have facebook
I assume they'd consider thedibb to be social media too?

Not sure about disney or dvc websites?
Consider they are more for information as no chat ?

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List