Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jul 21, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

We looking at this airport as a option as we can go direct from Birmingham which is less than 5 miles away from our house which saves on hotel overnight stay and parking. As we plan on only doing Disney in 2023 we gonna get a airport transfer which also saves on parking charges on resort.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by RiverandMummy View Post
I’m considering booking TUI flights but can’t find anywhere whether you can use their wdw transfers (at extra cost) if flight only. Tried calling but a long queue naturally.
I don’t think TUI transfers are available with flight only fares - just their package holidays.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Rozie
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We have just booked with Tui for
May flying into Melbourne. My thinking is it will be a lot quicker getting through immigration 🤞
OCTOBER 2023 LET’S GO!
Rozie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmy-google
Excited about Disney

We ended up booking a package with Tui as it was several hundred cheaper than going DIY especially with magical express going
TDR - 2019
jimmy-google is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
As TUI will be the only international flight in to Melbourne I would be surprised if they have many staff on duty so in theory the queues could be longer than MCO

I remember flying in late into Sandford and all the car hire staff had gone home for the night!
As for the immigration queues, at Sanford, with very few international flights they draft in MCO immigration staff, ( having spoken to one he confirmed such).

So how does no car hire staff at SFD affect Melbourne ? Did you get a car or wait til morning?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve flown into Melbourne once years ago on an internal flight according to DH
We came along the 192 to the the big gates at Downtown Kissemee then through their on to the 17\92 then on to the 27 a route I use from the villa if going to that end of the 192 to our accountant At Home Joanne’s or the new dollar tree around Marker 15 on the 192 or if visiting friends who own a home that far end of the 192
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
The thought of that long drive after a 9 hr flight is scary there no way I’d get behind the wheel of a car for a long drive
But you would for a short drive, as it would be scary for less time? 🙂 it’s still about 20 miles.

I’ve found that coming off the TUI Dreamliners we were quite refreshed as the air system is non recycled, so fresh air throughout, and the changing mood lighting helps immensely. Being the driver I’ll get some sleep on the way over too.

The way I look at it I used to spend eight to nine hours a day working at a computer screen then drive an hour and a half home. Sitting quietly and sleeping on a Dreamliner is far less tiring.

That’s how we work it as a family, I do understand others opinions tho.

BTW it’s a far shorter drive than the ones I used to do after McO to MAN flights, straight into the car and 350 miles up to Aberdeen! Soon changed to connecting flight after a couple trips like that!😴
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
The thought of that long drive after a 9 hr flight is scary there no way I’d get behind the wheel of a car for a long drive
its @10 mile further than the drive from Sanford

plenty folk drive miles after the return leg to the Uk

plenty stops/steady away
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ohanaa
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have tui pricing up a holiday for my family at the moment.
I already priced it up separately but thought I’d see if they could beat the price.

If u go with BA I will have to drive to London from my house which is approx 110miles and pay for parking etc and possibly a hotel the night before to be extra safe. Although we will be closer when we arrive.

If I get the tui flight I can drive from my local airport which is only 20 mins away and I wouldn’t have to pay for parking but we have a longer drive the other side as the airport is further away.

I’d rather fly from my local airport but we will see what kind of price they quote first!
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WDocW
Very Serious Dibber

I took the view that if we go with TUI we can fly from Newcastle which is 45min from our house, so I don't mind the 70 mile drive when we get there as it's still a lot less travelling time than going from Manchester or London.
WDocW is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List