Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jul 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I’m a teacher and I get as many free pens as I can find on the floor of my classroom

Edit: forgot to discuss the topic, Doh! I’m not getting a pay rise this year and that is fine. I get enough and to be honest there are many others who deserve it ahead of me.
You young’uns! When I was teaching the perk was as much chalk as we could eat!
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'm on the fence regarding this one. As a nurse in primary care this potential rise won't include us as we are not paid by agenda for change. 3% rise in the current climate ok I would prob say ok thankyou if it was given. What I have got an issue with is the lower salary scale for many nhs staff in comparison with other sectors. 35 years in and my hourly rate hasn't changed much in the last 10-20 years despite constant training and additional qualifications.
Old 22 Jul 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mandij39 View Post
These past 2 1/2 weeks have been horrendous for me and my team, we are running on empty and so many of my colleagues and myself are looking for new jobs outside of the NHS now. I literally dread going to work every day and I'm so run down and feel ill, but can't call in sick as half of our department are currently off sick/ isolating and each one of us are doing the work of 3 people. I used to take pride in my job and felt proud to work for the NHS, not anymore
Agree there has been so much sterling work done by many many NHS staff but unfortunately this has been tainted by staff who have refused work areas ,people unable to see local doctors and putting more strain on AE, speech therapists etc not working with children yet teachers working with the same children. We all thank those who deserve a pay rise
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Reallly? I haven't seen anything that says AHPs are getting this rise. My wife doesn't seem to think so. All I've seen is that "nurses, paramedics, consultants, dentists and salaried GPs" will get it - as per the government press release.

If you have a link saying AHPs are getting this then that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Apologies if I'm wrong. Sometimes it feels like the government and the general public think only doctors and nurses work in NHS hospitals.
the press release said NHS staff which includes nurses, paramedics etc rather than listing all the roles.

The 3% is applied to anyone on agenda for change which includes AHPs.
Old 22 Jul 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
I'm on the fence regarding this one. As a nurse in primary care this potential rise won't include us as we are not paid by agenda for change. 3% rise in the current climate ok I would prob say ok thankyou if it was given. What I have got an issue with is the lower salary scale for many nhs staff in comparison with other sectors. 35 years in and my hourly rate hasn't changed much in the last 10-20 years despite constant training and additional qualifications.
i assume that you are not in the NHS but i am aware that a lot on primary care employers mirror AfC payscales otherwise they may well lose staff to the NHS
Old 22 Jul 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
i assume that you are not in the NHS but i am aware that a lot on primary care employers mirror AfC payscales otherwise they may well lose staff to the NHS
Of course I'm in the NHS but most GP practices don't always mirror agenda for change and have made up pay scales. We often have to fight for any pay increase. Theres often no standard pay scale, well not in my experience. Primary care was only allowed to join the NHS pension scheme some 20 ish years ago.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Of course I'm in the NHS but most GP practices don't always mirror agenda for change and have made up pay scales. We often have to fight for any pay increase. Theres often no standard pay scale, well not in my experience. Primary care was only allowed to join the NHS pension scheme some 20 ish years ago.
But the majority of GP practices are not NHS these days. They set their own rates of pay and terms and conditions.. just because you pay into the NHS pension scheme doesn't mean you are part of the NHS

Primary care nurses in the community are employed but CICs who do often use AfC.
Old 23 Jul 21, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
But the majority of GP practices are not NHS these days. They set their own rates of pay and terms and conditions.. just because you pay into the NHS pension scheme doesn't mean you are part of the NHS

Primary care nurses in the community are employed but CICs who do often use AfC.
Sorry your wording is confusing. While most GP practices are indeed run as a business and the pay scales are set by the partners ultimately that money is funded by the nhs. No most don't adopt Agenda for change as a choice they can but often don't pay similar pay scales. My point being that because our employers choose not to often follow the same pay scales they can choose to not pay any suggested increases in pay when rises are announced.. I think there is often a misconception that all staff providing a service for the NHS which primary care does have the same benefits. Sadly we still hear of experienced nurses wanting to move into primary care offered £11.50 an hour.

Edited at 06:25 AM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Sorry your wording is confusing. While most GP practices are indeed run as a business and the pay scales are set by the partners ultimately that money is funded by the nhs. No most don't adopt Agenda for change as a choice they can but often don't pay similar pay scales. My point being that because our employers choose not to often follow the same pay scales they can choose to not pay any suggested increases in pay when rises are announced.. I think there is often a misconception that all staff providing a service for the NHS which primary care does have the same benefits. Sadly we still hear of experienced nurses wanting to move into primary care offered £11.50 an hour.
But you said that you were in the NHS but you are not. If the GP practice was NHS they would be following AfC.

Yes ultimately the money comes from the NHS funds but that is different. The money for CICs comes from the NHS but they are not part of the NHS either.

There is support and guidance for practice nurses to ask for more money. The minimum wage should be equivalent to a band 6 in my view
Old 23 Jul 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
But you said that you were in the NHS but you are not. If the GP practice was NHS they would be following AfC.

Yes ultimately the money comes from the NHS funds but that is different. The money for CICs comes from the NHS but they are not part of the NHS either.

There is support and guidance for practice nurses to ask for more money. The minimum wage should be equivalent to a band 6 in my view
In reality what normally happens is you ask the answer is not this time staff leave find another practice then negotiate a better pay rate. My first patient of the day " are you happy with your 3% pay rise then?" Err it doesn't include us. I would love to know who practice nurses can go to for support on pay. Its not the union and in my experience little input from ccgs on pay.