Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Life is short

A friend that I work with died suddenly yesterday, she was only 55.
We are not sure of the circumstances as yet. I am devastated, when I started working on the dementia unit last year I was like a fish out of water and she (she was an HCA) was so supportive and helped me so much. I loved working with her, she was the sort of person that you could have the most awful shift in the world but if she was working you knew it would be okay.
She was talking to me only a few weeks ago about reducing her hours as she was struggling with the demands of the unit full time.

She was hardworking, bright and incredibly funny, she will be so missed and the ward won’t be the same without her.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Im so very sorry to hear that,what an awful shock.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

So very sorry to hear this, big hugs to you. Life is indeed short, I am 51 and am realising this more and more.
So many sad situations.
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Am so sorry for your loss...I lost my friend aged 50 at the beginning of May and was completely knocked for 6... still am. The only lesson you can take is to live your life as best you can and not worry about the silly stuff. Thinking of you xxx
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
A friend that I work with died suddenly yesterday, she was only 55.
We are not sure of the circumstances as yet. I am devastated, when I started working on the dementia unit last year I was like a fish out of water and she (she was an HCA) was so supportive and helped me so much. I loved working with her, she was the sort of person that you could have the most awful shift in the world but if she was working you knew it would be okay.
She was talking to me only a few weeks ago about reducing her hours as she was struggling with the demands of the unit full time.

She was hardworking, bright and incredibly funny, she will be so missed and the ward won’t be the same without her.
How very sad. Life is too short sometimes and it does come as a shock.

Can I suggest that you write a card/note to her family with what you put above, it really gives a picture of what a nice person she was and the affection you had for her.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzadee
slightly serious Dibber

So sorry For your loss. It sounds like she was an amazing woman.
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I hate reading posts like this as it brings home how fragile life is and how your life can change in a moment.
A good friend had a close call this week, if his wife hadn’t had a days holiday from work, and was there when he collapsed, he probably wouldn’t be here now.
My deepest sympathy to your friends family.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

So very sorry to hear about your friend
55 is way too young
Sending love 💕xx
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Baggie Bird
Imagineer

So sorry to hear about your friend, same age as me. Really brings it home how lives can change in the blink of an eye.

Deepest sympathy to you and her family, may she RIP xx

1999 Villa Davenport Lakes, 2001 Villa Windsor Palms
2003 with friends in LBV 2005/2006, 2007 Villa Southern Dunes, 2008 Villa Greater Groves, 2009 Bally's Vegas Villa - Hampton Lakes, 2010 Blue Heron Beach Resort, 2011 Dibb Townhouse Regal Palms 2015 Heron Villa High Grove
Baggie Bird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss - she sounds like a lovely lady. It really does bring home the fragility of life. Similar to Stecee, but a couple of years ago my sister had decided to work from home rather than going into the office. Her husband was leaving to go to work by train (he usually walk to the train station as it’s not far from their house). My sister happened to look out of her front room window a couple of minutes after he’d left (she’s not sure why she did) but saw her husband collapsed on the pavement- he’d had a massive heart attack out of the blue. Obviously got him to hospital & they said if it wasn’t for the fact that my sister spotted him immediately & called 999 he probably wouldn’t be here. Really makes you think.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List