Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Dec 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatterr
Getting Excited

He's bought me a car!

My dream car has always been a beetle ever since I was 17 and old enough to drive but with one thing or another over the years, it's never happened.
I was shuffling through the post the other day (I always open everything anyway..) and opened a brown envelope containing the log book of a car, which just so happens to be a beetle! (I had wondered why he was so keen to get to the post when he was off work the previous day). I hastily glued the envelope shut again and stuck it at the bottom of the pile and have been doing my best to act completely oblivious since. It was confirmed y'day when I accidently saw a text on his phone. We had agreed not to buy gifts for each other this xmas after having a big holiday in October and needing to buy a second car in Jan anyway, but he's cheated...big time! I now feel really guilty for finding out!
I guess I didn't do too badly when it came to picking a husband, but now I need to cheat too and get a gift for him...unfortunately a new car for him is a little out of my budget!

Edited at 12:32 AM.
MadHatterr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
allycat228
Apprentice Imagineer

Awww lovely gift, hope you enjoy driving it, are you going to name it? Every beetle owner I know (2) have named their cars
allycat228 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Alice2111
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow , how lovely ! My first car was a beetle .Better practice your surprised face 😉
Alice2111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How fantastic, you picked a goodun there!. I hope you manage to look shocked when he presents it to you
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatterr
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by allycat228 View Post
Awww lovely gift, hope you enjoy driving it, are you going to name it? Every beetle owner I know (2) have named their cars
Haha! Probably, although no idea what yet!
MadHatterr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatterr
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alice2111 View Post
Wow , how lovely ! My first car was a beetle .Better practice your surprised face 😉
Ah, what an awesome first car!
Old 18 Dec 16, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatterr
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
How fantastic, you picked a goodun there!. I hope you manage to look shocked when he presents it to you
It won't seem real until I see it and know for absolute definite so I'm pretty confident the shocked face will be easy to pull off 😄
Old 18 Dec 16, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post

How wonderful, shame you found out though It's extremely hard to look surprised... I found my exes diamond engagement ring he'd bought me for Christmas day. I put it on and paraded around with it then put it back in the box and the hiding place lol.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 16, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

What a lovely thing to do. Our first car was Bertie beetle Shame you found out about it though... you will have to try and look surprised.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 16, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Wow that's a fantastic gift. Wish I could be there to see you receive it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread