Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 16, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Question What would you do?!

Hello

I was just wondering if someone could help me please with the transportation on our DIY trip this coming November

We are 3 adults travelling with 4 suitcases to Coronado Springs for 12 nights and no car. On arrival we have the Magical Express to take us to CS so this isn't a problem, however at the end of our Disney stay we are going to Universal HRH for 3 nights and then we will need to get to the airport from HRH at the end of that stay.

* What would be the best/cheapest way of us (and our luggage) getting from CS to HRH?

* What would be the best/cheapest way of getting from HRH to Orlando Airport?

I was looking at Florida Magical Transportation for ideas on price but i'm not sure how big a car we would need and i'm always curious as to whether a taxi on the day would just be cheaper?

Also we usually do Virgin's bag drop at Disney Springs however if we did this it would mean us getting transport to DS and then later getting transport from DS to the airport. I don't know which would be best, staying at HRH on our last day and going straight to the airport with the luggage or getting rid of the bags and having a day at DS before travelling to the airport?!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, this is my first time DIY and booking both a Disney and HRH stay so sorry I've waffled a little xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. if it was me I would hire for the 3 days - but that's probably crazy as I think there is a parking charge at Universal for the car just to sit there!

I suppose everything hinges on do you want to do Disney Springs for the day before going to the airport?
If you do I think there is Virgin transport from there to the airport albeit I always drive.
Have you had a look at Mears fare calculator for prices?
Bear in mind they have mini vans on request so luggage is no problem.

Best I can do sorry as I always hire, hope somebody more used to this will pop on

mearstransportation/t...are-estimator/

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 16, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BGB
slightly serious Dibber

Couple of Uber cars would do it. but i dont think Uber can go to the airport

July 1980 - WDW Idrive hotel, Sept 1997 - DLC Anaheim Hotel, Oct 2001 - Universal Orlando Idrive Hotel, Feb & Jun 2007 - Disneyland Paris Disney Hotels, Jul 2012 - Terra Verde Villa and WDW Jul 2016 - Terra Verde Villa & Universal
BGB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. if it was me I would hire for the 3 days - but that's probably crazy as I think there is a parking charge at Universal for the car just to sit there!

I suppose everything hinges on do you want to do Disney Springs for the day before going to the airport?
If you do I think there is Virgin transport from there to the airport albeit I always drive.
Have you had a look at Mears fare calculator for prices?
Bear in mind they have mini vans on request so luggage is no problem.

Best I can do sorry as I always hire, hope somebody more used to this will pop on

mearstransportation/t...are-estimator/
Ohh that's great thanks so much will look at Mears' prices. I'm happy to do either...stay at HRH and then go to airport or do bag drop and go from Disney Springs...just whichever is easiest. None of us have ever driven abroad and my parents don't drive a lot over here so I don't think hiring would be best for us unfortunately. Will just have to price up a couple of options and maybe look into the Virgin transport from DS?!

Originally Posted by BGB View Post
Couple of Uber cars would do it. but i dont think Uber can go to the airport
Ahh ok thanks for this...would be better if the 3 of us could go together though xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread