Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 May 17, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Damn Dirty Ape
slightly serious Dibber

I get id'd at least once every year I go. They have always accepted my driver's license although I usually have to point out which one is my DOB and that it's DD-MM-YY.
My sister has been refused though with only her drivers license. They told her it was the law that she had to carry her passport on her at all times. I think it was a Tony Roma's. We walked out and went next door and she was served just fine.
Have a picture of all our documents stored on my phone now just in case.
Trip #16: In planning
Damn Dirty Ape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
My mum was 73 and was asked for her ID on Disney to buy a bottle of wine. Rules are rules. We carry a copy of our passports. I think it's hilarious.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi 2 years ago a man beside us got asked for ID approx age 70 , bonkers
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi 2 years ago a man beside us got asked for ID approx age 70 , bonkers
Some places ID everyone, then if they're caught serving underage they can say they carded everyone and usually the underage gets done for forged ID.

Huge fines here for serving underage, it's easier to card everyone than take the risk.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We were never IDd on our 2012, 2014 or 2015 trips so I thought they had got a lot more relaxed on it as I remember my parents always getting asked for ID on my childhood trips. We're the same sort of age as they were then (40 and 38.)

This year we were asked for ID at the Coca Cola rooftop bar, the very intimidating bartender wanted two IDs for two drinks and first of all insisted that we show passports. We didn't have them so he gave in and accepted our driving licences.

DH was also IDd at one of the Flower and Garden kiosks, but we went there twice on two different days and weren't IDd the second time. Never been IDd at any other F&G kiosks or Disney restaurants, and I drink with most lunches and dinners on every trip. I always assumed they just accepted we were old enough to drink judging by the ages of our children (and how we look ) and they seem to be less bothered when you're sitting down for a meal than if you were just drinking in the bar / bar hopping.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

We weren't asked for ID back in 2012 either (we were 40). Only time was when I bought a bottle of Southern Comfort in Walmart. I had my passport out ready and the lady said it was a nice change for a Brit to be so prepared!

This time I'll have my driver's licence with me and a copy of my passport on my phone, just in case!
Old 10 May 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I wish someone would ask ME to confirm that I'm over 21 - I'm in my 70's!
Old 10 May 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I feel soooooo old I'm 45 and no one has asked to see my I d
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Just back at weekend and hubby nor I ever got asked for any id in any place.
Old 10 May 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Just back at weekend and hubby nor I ever got asked for any id in any place.
That's unusual. In Orlando especially, I usually get ID'ed half a dozen times or more during a trip. I'm 37.

Quite often they will only serve one drink per ID as well. I had to go get my wife's ID before they would serve me two beers on City Walk.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List