Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jul 17, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Cancel them for the in laws. There's plenty of cheaper food they can find for themselves. Carry on an enjoy your meals. Them not wanting to come is one thing. Expecting everyone else to cancel is mean.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree either leave them in the park or they can get an Uber. Really isn't an issue and wouldn't stop me from continuing with my plans.
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

When we went with our ILs we would split up and go our sepetate ways for a bit as they didn't want to do everything we did so we just agreed where to meet back up and when. They aren't big eaters so we did it for food too. Hope it works out.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Another one agreeing to split up once you're there! Fair enough if they don't want to do it anymore but no reason that you still can't go and enjoy it.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
So annoyed with MIL & FIL.

We're out here at the moment...our first visit (PIL have been here before back in 2002).

Just before we discussed what ADR's we wanted - we're staying off site in a villa. It was decided we'd do Askershus for our 5 year old daughters treat, Tusker House, Beaches & Cream and BOG breakfast.

Today I was taking to PIL about Askershus as we go on Wednesday. PIL now want all ADR's cancelled as they're too expensive :angry:

When we discussed booking them we told them the price point and they said yes, fine. Now they've changed their minds - fair enough but both of my boys have been/about to go on their treats (Legoland yesterday for eldest and KSC tomorrow for youngest son).

We can't cancel them off because they wouldn't be able to get to the parks without us as we'd have the car.

I'm so angry and disappointed as I was really looking forward to taking O for breakfast with the princesses, seeing her reaction etc.

xx

Split up for the day. You do as you originally planned and let them use Uber for the day.

If you absolutely can't split up for the whole day, take them with you to the parks but let them do their own thing while you have your ADR's.

Just because they've changed their minds doesn't mean everyone has to miss out.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW

Edited at 02:18 PM.
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

It's an 8am breakfast so nowhere for them to go as I don't think they'll be allowed to wander around EPCOT.

They knew all the price points before bookings were made. FIL is telling h it's too expensive for us (he means all of us) and h is now wavering. H doesn't want to go without them. Only saving grace is DD doesn't know as it was her surprise. H is now saying we'll take her to BBB and get her a makeover. I've said it'll be almost impossible to get a reservation this late in the game.

PIL were disgusted to pay $30 for lunch for the 2 of them in Legoland. We paid $52 for the 5 of us..normal park prices for lunch.

I'm not sure if they ate in the parks when they came back in 2002, but it's wrong for him to tell h we shouldn't be paying that kind of money. We've budgeted for this and when you convert to € it's still cheaper than DLP for lunch.

I'm more annoyed that we sat down and agreed all of the ADR's opted for Akershus for all of us over over BBB for DD and now I'm being told cancel them all - just buy her a dress in the park as her surprises treat!

Might just take the kids myself and leave the rest of them too it

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023, Disneyland Hotel 2025
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017, Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Totally unreasonable behaviour by your in-laws.

I don't know when you booked and committed to your meals but I'm sure that they will have had plenty of opportunity to check restaurant prices before you all agreed.

Don't even think of spoiling your little girl's treat. You can't ever replicate the experience and excitement of a first visit.

That goes for your memories as well Get those hankies ready.

Mick
Old 9 Jul 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Mick, it was all agreed a few weeks before our 180 day window. If I thought for a second I'd get a BBB booking for her next week then I would and cancel the ADR.

I was beginning to think I was being unreasonable.

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023, Disneyland Hotel 2025
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017, Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
It's an 8am breakfast so nowhere for them to go as I don't think they'll be allowed to wander around EPCOT.

Then let them get an Uber or Taxi to the park for opening and meet with them after breakfast. Or, if they came with you for park opening, they could possibly go for a walk down to the Yacht and Beach Club.

Your DD should not have to miss out on her treat because they have decided they don't want to go.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

If your husband is wavering get him to drop you at park then come back later to meet you with the inlaws.

I wouldn't be missing my daughters treats especially if I'd made sure to inform everyone of the choices and prices beforehand.
It is all your holiday, so everyone should get what was agreed. If they want to miss this event that's fine, you don't have to.
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List