Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Jul 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I've not cancelled my res in case they change it back but I don't think we want to keep it if he's still outside the restaurant.

We didn't like it when Donald was outside of tusker house so think we'll feel the same with stitch.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm going to MK today (despite Tropical storm Emily!) so I'm going in to city hall to give feedback ... my daughter is still talking about how disappointed she was at lack of stitch interaction...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gartland87
Very Serious Dibber

I'm confused...what reason is there to do this with just one of the characters when the others are still going round the tables as normal?
gartland87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gartland87 View Post
I'm confused...what reason is there to do this with just one of the characters when the others are still going round the tables as normal?
Presumably it opens up more capacity inside, as it removes people waiting (having finished eating) and makes them wait away from the table.

We've had a few character meals where there has been a massive wait for the final character to come round (having long since finished eating). So I assume it's a way to mitigate this.

That said, I'd be pretty annoyed to have a long wait to meet a character at a paid meal, only to get a shoddy half hearted experence.) I had been thinking of trying to get an extra adr for this to use up parents spare credits after they've left for New York half way through our trip. But as the only reason was for Evie to meet Stitch I am less sure now.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
To be fair, we found in 2010 that we hardly got any time with Stitch as the other tables were clamouring to meet him. We don't have kids so it was a quick hug and pose. The other characters spent much more time.

But I agree you shouldn't have to queue!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

I posted on Kenny The Pirate fb page asking about this and got this response :-(

"It is a recent change to try to sell photo packages"

Hopefully if enough ppl complain they'll change it back?
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

I thought the point of the character meals was to sell Guests the opportunity to (pay to) meet the characters whilst sitting down and enjoying a meal rather than queuing up like in the parks?

Have they forgotten that in order to sell you something else (photo packages)?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyNewbie View Post
I posted on Kenny The Pirate fb page asking about this and got this response :-(

"It is a recent change to try to sell photo packages"

Hopefully if enough ppl complain they'll change it back?
The last time we were at 'Ohana breakfast, Stitch had a photo pass photographer with him.
Old 31 Jul 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
The last time we were at 'Ohana breakfast, Stitch had a photo pass photographer with him.
That makes more sense (from a Guest service point of view). At least then, they're not robbing Peter to ...well... pay themselves more!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 17, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Hmm
In that case my reluctance might change (if we could get an ADR at opening so minimal queue and better interaction)

We had a very good meet with Belle before being seated Askerhus (Appols for the spelling) last year. But it was first thing with no queue
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List