Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 7 Aug 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Do you mean the Ponderosa that was a mile or two past Walmart towards Kissimmee?

If so, we ate there in 2008 when we stayed at Bass Lake Estates, it had lots of sports scarves and memorabilia. I think that one closed in about 2010?
Yes that is the one, always seemed a better class of Ponderosa,it was a family tradition to go there.Shame it is closed not been since 2010,so a lot will have changed we feel. Up till then we had visited 14 or so times from 1989. Not sure we will get our heads around all the new stuff, but will give it a go.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post

A lot has changed - a lot of things closed down around 2008-2012, but since there have been more than as many things to replace them. It feels things have moved west along the 192 - from about marker 10 onwards hasn't really recovered at the same pace, whereas the first few miles of the 192 there have been lots and lots of new restaurants, supermarkets etc built.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

PS The Ponderosa at marker 5 has been remodelled completely.
Old 7 Aug 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

How much is the breakfast buffet? Want to try it this time
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
How much is the breakfast buffet? Want to try it this time
Around $9.50/$10.00 each in March including unlimited juice and coffee.

Mick
Old 7 Aug 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

We paid about $56 inc tax for 2adults and 2children at the I-Drive one
Old 7 Aug 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We always have a few meals there,the one on the 192 going towards the 27 needs to be re decorated but the food is ok
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
what ere the Veggie options like ? we have often looked at this place and it just doesnt seem to draw us in as veggies, though we love buffets
Nothing fancy, DD loved the pizza and mac n cheese, DH had loads of different vegetables as don't think he'd eaten any since leaving England-corn on the cob, sweet potato, sprouts, broccoli, green beans to name a few! I had pizza and loads of salad. We all liked the deserts and when we'd had a long day and just wanted to go straight in and eat somewhere that wasn't normal fast food it suited us all
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

GC is my husband's favourite place to eat when we're in Orlando.
With 4 kids it's great for the budget and as others have said it means that everyone is happy as there are so many choices.
It's not a Michelin star restaurant but whenever we've been it's always been clean, pleasant and helpful staff and great food whether you want fried chicken or fresh salad.
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FairyNuff View Post
It doesn't do veggie sausages that I can recall, but if you want vegetables and lots of salad then you can fill your boots.
Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Nothing fancy, DD loved the pizza and mac n cheese, DH had loads of different vegetables as don't think he'd eaten any since leaving England-corn on the cob, sweet potato, sprouts, broccoli, green beans to name a few! I had pizza and loads of salad. We all liked the deserts and when we'd had a long day and just wanted to go straight in and eat somewhere that wasn't normal fast food it suited us all
thanks, we have looked at GC a few times, but never been in, i guess from this thread its a lot like Ponderosa, which in the old days we used to like, then we found on-site at disney and it didnt quite have the same appeal