Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Aug 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile Food budget per meal $50?

We are 2 adults and a 4yr old. I've been looking at menus and do think a budget of $50 will be about right? I'm looking at either offsite for somewhere like Olive Garden or onsite such as cosmic rays? These appear to be coming in at around the same price?

Do you think this is about right?

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

Have you factored in tax and tips as well as the basic prices? I am budgeting for rather more than $50 for dinners - I hope I'm wrong!
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Depends how many meals are you planning on having a day? If its 3 you have a super healthy budget of $150 per day which will be fine. two meals per day would be $100 which is still doable - check out dixonsontour food reports, they are a family of 3 with a budget of $100 per day.

I would never budget per meal, its much better to budget a cost per day as there are other things to consider in food costs - snacks, drinks etc
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can't help on the 4 year old I'm afraid - 30 odd years since ours were that age . Nor are we experts on eating on site.

However for what it's worth. We are a couple who invariably eat out for breakfast and dinner. Lunch is a snack at the villa courtesy of Publix.

Breakfast at the likes of Golden Corral, iHOP and Bob Evans around $22-25 for both. Dinner at Olive Garden, Longhorn, Red Lobster and similar $45-$50 for two.

Add tips and a couple of ice creams so we allow $100 a day for two of us.

Mick
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

$50 for 2 adults and a child will be tight but you wont be a million miles off in most places like millers, olive garden etc...
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Last year we had a budget of $50 per day each adult I didn't count DD12 as she eats so little. Some days it was a lot more, some days less and we rolled over to the next days kitty. When we had a character breakfast at Tusker house we booked for 10.50 and I think it was $150 but we were stuffed and I don't think we ate for the rest of the day anyway
We had a good mix of table service and the usual millers, Cheesecake Factory, Hard Rock Cafe,mcd's and we came in budget no problem. Obviously take in to account exchange rate this year and also tips and tax is on top.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

This year our Olive Garden meal for two cost us $34 and then we added on more for the tip so we gave $40.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

a lot of places have set price menus and offer kids eat free, look at the restaurant & coupon thread and find ways to help get you well within budget.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=972657
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

We are here now and are 2 adults 2 teens.

We've been places like Chillis, Applebees, Millers, Hard Rock Cafe, NBC grill at Citiwalk etc. spent between $60 to $85 ish for 4 meals and 4 drinks no booze.

It's a lot more expensive this year for sure! The old $$$$$ doesn't go as far anymore 😕😂
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Quick Service onsite is about $15 for a entrée and drink for normal entry level meals. Your budget would be fine especially as you can cut cost by sharing 2 between 3 or sharing a drink.

Offsite I think if you added the savings from onsite Quick Service outlined above you would be ok with your budget provided you go for the lower end of the menu and refillable soft drink. Think $15 for the meal and $3-4 for drink then tip on top.

There are some fantastic trip reports for dining on a budget have a look at those. Particular recommendation are those done by Dixonsontour.

I would say if you are planning $150 a day (depends how many meals you are planning for) then you will be fine. We don't spend that on 3 adults - although we do mix up eating in the room, quick service and offsite table service.

Edited at 01:05 PM.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List