Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jan 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Would a photocopy/photograph of your passport be sufficient for ID or would you need to have your physical passport each time you wanted an alcoholic drink? Don't like the thought of carrying my passport everywhere!

Love the idea of a cocktail with dinner though - and hubby will love having milkshakes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The interesting question is if the adult can ask for the kids drinks to be beers etc,
Dining plan if paying for it is poor value anyway in most cases, this just makes it more expensive. distripplanner
No they can't ...
Indeed but most people are on free dining here and this was added after booking. Which makes it a nice bonus... not one to try and "loophole" as if it's sufficiently abused that it becomes a nusience it'll just get revoked the following year.

Nothing has changed with ID for purchasing alcohol the rules are exactly the same as they have been for years so don't understand the moaning. It's the same everywhere in the US not just Disney.

Edited at 04:22 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Seriously people it's a beer, glass of wine, cocktail... you've just spent the best part of a new car, yet the holiday has now become so much more special because of free drink!

For all those that think Under 21's or those that don't drink alcohol should pay less, what about those that are going to drink it paying more ? Bet there would be more complaining then
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Seriously people it's a beer, glass of wine, cocktail... you've just spent the best part of a new car, yet the holiday has now become so much more special because of free drink!

For all those that think Under 21's or those that don't drink alcohol should pay less, what about those that are going to drink it paying more ? Bet there would be more complaining then
SD
I don't really see it as a drinking holiday, personally I had one cocktail while there and hubby had about half dozen beers or so, I think Disney have messed up by adding the alcohol 'free' and should have had it as an optional extra for a few extra $'s a day to appease those that wanted an alcoholic drink with their meal but not pay OOP every time.
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

If most people are having the dining plan free when the offer was included in the booking, how can they complain at the offer? If you don't like alcohol or are not 21, there are other options available. If you are vegetarian, you wouldn't complain because meat eaters can choose more expensive meals including meat.

Everyone over 21 can, if they wish, have 2 included alcoholic drinks with their meals every day. If they are with another adult over 21 and that adult doesn't drink then they could use their alcohol too and pay oop for a soft drink for the non-drinker. So plenty of alcohol to go around.

Personally, I thought the alcohol was a nice addition but not the most important part of my holiday. I will have alcohol if I want it but possibly not with every meal. I have no plans to try to use my 18 year old's credits for more alcohol, she can enjoy hers as she wishes (non-alcohol) and we will both be able to enjoy our meals and drinks without having to pay extra for them which is the true benefit of the free dining plan.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

My OH was very happy to hear he doesn't have to budget for beers with meals ... me I don't find heat and alcohol mix for me so I'm not fussed but pleased mocktails and artisan shakes are now included. Win, win... I just hope the offer isn't withdrawn before we go due to guests getting ≈≈≈≈≈y that they can't manipulate the booze side of it.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
My OH was very happy to hear he doesn't have to budget for beers with meals ... me I don't find heat and alcohol mix for me so I'm not fussed but pleased mocktails and artisan shakes are now included. Win, win... I just hope the offer isn't withdrawn before we go due to guests getting ≈≈≈≈≈y that they can't manipulate the booze side of it.
I’m also pleased I can now choose from a wider range of soft drinks if I choose although many restaurants included some speciality drinks anyway. It’ll suit us as my sister can now have a cocktail without paying extra.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s realy nice to think my dds can get smoothies/milkshakes and mocktails as well as sodas. I don’t drink fizzy drinks so it was always a pain before to have to choose from a limited amount of non fizzy drinks.

It’s just nice to have the option of alcohol or not now! 😃

I’ve heard that a copy of your passport and a photo on phone should be enough to show when ordering as I’m also not fussed on taking out actual passport everyday? Never got asked for ID last time but I’m sure they will be more vigilant with the new alcohol option?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
It’s realy nice to think my dds can get smoothies/milkshakes and mocktails as well as sodas. I don’t drink fizzy drinks so it was always a pain before to have to choose from a limited amount of non fizzy drinks.

It’s just nice to have the option of alcohol or not now! 😃

I’ve heard that a copy of your passport and a photo on phone should be enough to show when ordering as I’m also not fussed on taking out actual passport everyday? Never got asked for ID last time but I’m sure they will be more vigilant with the new alcohol option?

Kat
It is the ID part I am a bit concerned about. I don't have a driving licence so it seems I will need to carry my passport. I am a little over 50 so obviously I don't usually get asked for ID even in Florida, but I think Disney will be asking everyone now with the included drinks.

I would be happier just showing photo of passport on phone but not sure if this will be enough. Maybe some feedback on this will be available soon.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Does anyone know yet if there is a limit to the price of the drink as was theorised last year?

Some of the cocktails are quite pricey and I do like the odd drink with an umbrella and big lump of fruit in.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List