Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Feb 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PENELOPE View Post
Last year we ended up at Coronado as there wasn’t any availability for us at cbr, we hated it, a generator was running 24/7 pumping water at the lake, painters where painting our block whilst it was full of guests and tree surgeons decided to cut down a large tree one night at 11pm on the main walkway back

to our room. Will never stay there again, looking forward to cbr this year as nothing can be as bad as last year
Sometimes it’s just luck as I had a wonderful time at CSR. Probably enjoyed it more than AKL. Dreading CBR and I may pay to upgrade when we get there if I am not enjoying our vacation.
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Here is my take on this.
I haven't personally been to CBR recently, but there's respected Vlogger posts (Tim Tracker and many others) showing it to be a construction site.
Now, I don't know how much information Disney is giving about it.
If they are telling prospective bookers, it's a construction site, and people are still booking, then buyer beware. You pay your money and take your choice.
Personally would I travel from UK to stay there, restaurants in tents etc, no way. But I wouldn't complain if full disclosure has been given.
If they are giving great discounts (a friend of our daughters received a $2000 gift card last summer her father told me), then great.
I have no issues with that. Discount rates? Good, it's a cost benefit analysis.
Disney is upgrading it's resort, and opening Riviera where as a DVC owner I'm looking forward to staying in 2020. I imagine when it's done, CBR will be a phenomenal moderate.
I also bought into DVC due to the super customer service.
I'm basically willing to pay for quality. Papamouse says Disney is number 3 in customer service. Rolex is another. Great quality, worth investing in.
I have no idea if Disney is giving full disclosure and offering suitable discounts. Given the company I know it is, and invested in, with my DVC, I hope so.
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Here is my take on this.
I haven't personally been to CBR recently, but there's respected Vlogger posts (Tim Tracker and many others) showing it to be a construction site.
Now, I don't know how much information Disney is giving about it.
If they are telling prospective bookers, it's a construction site, and people are still booking, then buyer beware. You pay your money and take your choice.
Personally would I travel from UK to stay there, restaurants in tents etc, no way. But I wouldn't complain if full disclosure has been given.
If they are giving great discounts (a friend of our daughters received a $2000 gift card last summer her father told me), then great.
I have no issues with that. Discount rates? Good, it's a cost benefit analysis.
Disney is upgrading it's resort, and opening Riviera where as a DVC owner I'm looking forward to staying in 2020. I imagine when it's done, CBR will be a phenomenal moderate.
I also bought into DVC due to the super customer service.
I'm basically willing to pay for quality. Papamouse says Disney is number 3 in customer service. Rolex is another. Great quality, worth investing in.
I have no idea if Disney is giving full disclosure and offering suitable discounts. Given the company I know it is, and invested in, with my DVC, I hope so.
great post.

the current issue is 2 fold

1) some TA and TOs didn't inform people about construction at all! Yep TUI and VA and TC - booked people on holiday here and then they found the dibb and then they found out about construction. Now those same TAs and TOs are ignoring the issue but luckily Disney Wholesale seem to be a thoroughly decent bunch of chaps and are upgrading those clients - even without informing the TAs and TOs about the upgrades. Happened last year too. That's a Fact.

2) If you booked with WDTCUK - you were informed of the work... but you were initially told New OPR would be open June 30th (DD Press release dated March 17). Then that was moved to mid-August - still no biggie cos English schools don't break up til mid August... But now its not just the food court - its the Gondola system going in too and its fairly intrusive AND now the New OPR wont be open until "God knows when". So people who were promised not OPR - but BRAND NEW OPR and getting the tent! They are calling WDTCUK and they are saying "so what!"

The honourable thing to do would be to offer these people free moves or the gift card as what they booked isn't what they are getting. I think that's fair... and its been done before...

Some will move, some will stay and they will do a deal with US guests to give them CBR super cheap and it will be full all summer long.

Oh and the day they put a fence round Barbados and half Martinique - that wasn't construction at CBR - that was the Riviera Resort so that's not even considered by Disney - yes that's how underhandedly they are dealing with this!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Unfortunately full clear disclosure is not something guests are provided with.

At time of booking I was drawn to this

I assumed a referbishment of the restaurant etc would be fine and cause no disturbance to our trip especially since it says other provisions have been made. It mentioned a May 2017 closure but no open date.
I booked as a referbishment is not a big deal.

This infomation they provide is so delibritly vage. I took it at face value, they are telling me about the referbishment of the restaurant, shop, pool bar.
What they are now saying this means is all of the above but also Village demolition, Skyline support pole erection, bus stop construction, Riveara construction, whole new restaurant construction in new location, new road layout with new entrance construction and existing restaurant extention. (and soft room referb that cannot be named)

Via the Dibb and FB groups I saw the food tent
Not the replacement I had imagined but we could manage a few days.

I called to add family members onto my booking and I was advised by a CM that the restaurant was due to open in August.
I went on to add extra dates to our onsite stay rather than stay part offsite.

The D23 happened and they announced the Skyliner and Rivieara.
I called and emailed regarding this as I was concerned about construction.
I was told that Disney will me making sure its all done discreetly, I wont even notice it, we dont even have timescales yet etc.
I was niavely reassured that Disney would never put guests in a resort that was a mess.

Just before the christmas period Disney released a blog post on the Disney Parks Blog with a gorgeous write up stating a Late Summer completion date.
Posters were put up within the resort saying the same.

Via FB groups I begin to see heavy construction on site and I watch youtube vlogs, CBR looks like a construction site.

I again contact Disney via email and phone calls to be told I was advised about the work in the resort at time of booking and the new OPR completion date is December 2018. If I want to move I need to pay the full price of a move to a resort I didnt choose.

I told them repetedly about the parks blog date. They edited it last week, the completion date of OPR refurbishment now reads as late fall, but they have not dated the edit. It now looks as though it has allways said late fall for completion.

Again last week they removed the posters within CBR that said late summer open and they replaced them with posters with no date on them.

Whilst I am happy they have now changed these things to reflect the new true opening dates, I am disapointed that they are now trying to tell me that they have never said summer or August opening.

At no point has Disney told me about construction within the resort.

I was told via a CM that Disney never want to use the word construction as it doesnt sound nice, they like re-imagining or referbishment.. I dont care if they dont like the word.

I was told via a CM that Disney cannot tell potential guests when construction will effect there stay as they dont know and things change !
So to hell with ABTA code.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Can you cancel?
If not, go on the holiday, get all the evidence when there in photos and videos then sue whoever sold you the package in small claims (Jarvis v Swan Tours is the case) and see if the judge agrees.
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
We are not lucky to be going, we work hard and save a lot so we can pay TWDTC a lot of money to provide us with goods and service.
Ain't that the truth!
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Here's another video I just saw, not sure when it was shot
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Here's another video I just saw, not sure when it was shot
It's dated 2017, so at least a couple of months ago.

The summer opening banner for OPR can he seen 7 minutes in (obviously doctored as Disney never said that )

Was amused that they are bought the Riviera resort construction was for the gondola

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
It's dated 2017, so at least a couple of months ago.

The summer opening banner for OPR can he seen 7 minutes in (obviously doctored as Disney never said that )

Was amused that they are bought the Riviera resort construction was for the gondola
They told me on the phone that could easily be edited on computers now and shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet 🙄
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Yes it looks like it was shot at Xmas. The big banner (not doctored) said late summer.
That tent reminds me of the TV show Mash.

Edited at 08:16 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List