Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
01Car
Excited about Disney

Using Uber at the weekend

Is it likely to be more expensive on a Friday or Saturday evening as opposed to midweek if it's busier? We're planning on possibly going to the Rodeo or Capones. A bit concerned that a $20 trip could end up being a lot more.
01Car is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lmorgan
Excited about Disney

Price surging can happen at any time. You are shown this info before you book a ride so you can decide to wait a bit for the increase in price to drop. I think that you can set an alert to tell you when it's back to normal.
lmorgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

we used Uber for a short journey from Universal to I-Drive on a Saturday last year, we had no extra "surge" pricing just because it was a Saturday.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goodisoner
Apprentice Imagineer

It's a lottery. Use a proper metered taxi that way you know what you're paying and you're helping the local economy and not filling the pockets of huge corporations AGAIN.

Joint profile for Mr and Mrs Goodisoner.
Staybridge Suites I-Drive 2011, Homewood Suites I-Drive 2013,
Old Key West August 2015,
West Coast, Vegas & Orlando 2017.
Goodisoner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goodisoner View Post
It's a lottery. Use a proper metered taxi that way you know what you're paying and you're helping the local economy and not filling the pockets of huge corporations AGAIN.
in my experience of using Uber in Orlando its not a lottery at all, I had better service using them compared to the Mears metered taxis I used.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Goodisoner View Post
well said

i have to laugh a some people would they use say tesco if the eggs where £1 one day but if they had only a few boxes left they are now £10 no there would be an outcry and a boycott...

uber are a scum company who bully drivers and do not pay tax

people should open their eyes to the longer picture here,uber has been in glasgow for a about 6 months hardly any cars and rumours that there 1 year licence will not be renewed because of the pricing as they charge what they want when proper taxis are metered.

this is my last opinion on uber as some would use them to save $1 wonder if they would do the same if it affected them like the tax avoidance affects the poor people in the uk...

rant over

Edited at 12:54 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The same people come on to every Uber thread posting the same old... wondering what is their actual experience of Uber,or is it all just something they read online.
I'm a big fan of Uber, love that they actually converse with their passengers and don't sit driving along with a phone stuck to their ear like almost every Mears cab I've ever taken over there.
Old 10 Apr 16, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 01Car View Post
Is it likely to be more expensive on a Friday or Saturday evening as opposed to midweek if it's busier? We're planning on possibly going to the Rodeo or Capones. A bit concerned that a $20 trip could end up being a lot more.
Do you have a first time user code..there's usually one going around giving you a $20 credit off your first Uber journey.
Old 10 Apr 16, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We have just come back from Orlando. We used Uber loads... Always good prices. Always good time to pick up. Could not fault them. Will use again in the summer.
I thought the system was very easy to use as long as you have wifi

New user code from American Airlines for $20

"AA20"
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 16, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
01Car
Excited about Disney

Thanks guys.
01Car is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread