Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Apr 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Linking booking to Avis Preferred?

Booked car hire through Avios but can’t see how to link it to my Avis Preferred Account.

Anyone know how to do this? I’m going round in circles. I’ve found my booking but there isn’t anywhere that tells you how to do it
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

You need to contact Avis and quote your "Wizard number" (Preferred Customer Number.) They will then link it to your BA booking. The number is 0808 284 0163
Note the first time you go to the garage your name will not be on the board. You will have to go to the garage kiosk with your Driving Licence and Credit Card. At least you won't be in a long queue like in the airport. They don't try to upsell. Next time you use BA Fly Drive your name will be up on the board and the location of your vehicle will be listed. If you don't like the vehicle you can swap to another from the swap row. Note some vehicles will, have an extra charge which will be stated on the card hanging from the rear view mirror.

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
You need to contact Avis and quote your "Wizard number" (Preferred Customer Number.) They will then link it to your BA booking. The number is 0808 284 0163
Note the first time you go to the garage your name will not be on the board. You will have to go to the garage kiosk with your Driving Licence and Credit Card. At least you won't be in a long queue like in the airport. They don't try to upsell. Next time you use BA Fly Drive your name will be up on the board and the location of your vehicle will be listed. If you don't like the vehicle you can swap to another from the swap row. Note some vehicles will, have an extra charge which will be stated on the card hanging from the rear view mirror.
Thanks, Thought that would be the case. It’s not the first time we’ve used them but it never seems to be a smooth process, unlike Alamo!
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mandy_mccormac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Booked car hire through Avios but can’t see how to link it to my Avis Preferred Account.

Anyone know how to do this? I’m going round in circles. I’ve found my booking but there isn’t anywhere that tells you how to do it
Hi The 2 Minnies, hope you dont mind me asking but do you have a link for me to join Avis preferred please, we have never used avis before but we have booked a flydrive with BA and i believe they use Avis.

Thanks in advance
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The 2 Minnies View Post
Thanks, Thought that would be the case. It’s not the first time we’ve used them but it never seems to be a smooth process, unlike Alamo!
Never had a problem with Avis in 10 trips.
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mandy_mccormac View Post
Hi The 2 Minnies, hope you dont mind me asking but do you have a link for me to join Avis preferred please, we have never used avis before but we have booked a flydrive with BA and i believe they use Avis.

Thanks in advance
avis/your-avis/avi... AAEgIuPPD_BwE
Old 1 Apr 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mandy_mccormac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Thank you Geoff