Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Feb 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 10 - Goodbye POR, Hello to a whole new adventure!

Welcome back, you made it - I knew you would !

Thanks for reading so far and for so many comments and PM's too. It is really appreciated and give me the huge desire to get the full trip written and recorded before we go out in a Blaze of Glory ( Pre trippy coming before July! )

Today was one of those that you dread and actually enjoy in the same heartbeat - we were moving on!
Our stay of POR coming to an end, and a whole new adventure at a place we had never been to before.

Hope you enjoy

If you missed Day 9 it is well worth a read by clicking here

The whole trip index is here

...and by popular demand The full index of previous trip is here

Welcome to Day 10

Saturday 4th August 2018

A restless sleep for me, with an awake feeling at 4/5 and 6 am- why does that happen? Subconsciously aware we were on the move and already it was highlighting that we still had work to do here – bags all packed and ready to move, but one last chance to explore whilst on site.

We packed up the car and parked it in the main car park at Riverside.

Once more, we waited for a bus that took an age to arrive – I’m going to avoid having a moan and will simply send my CV for that job I mentioned yesterday!

We were headed to Magic Kingdom at 10-45.

Today reads exactly as it happened, we were on a mission and to be honest the following lacks the description and indeed the actual reasoning behind why we did stuff.

Quite simple – last onsite opportunity to ride with 6 fast passes and then get to villa.

Whilst those added fast passes had been welcomed and enjoyed – I still had a gripe about our check in to POR – perhaps that was what woke me this morning, we had parked it for days, just like the car- and perhaps like the car, I will wait a little longer to move it on.

Coffee and iced tea at Starbucks was the first stop, followed by the obligatory cinnamon rolls at Gaston’s.

From there it was rides all the way!

BTM followed by Splash Mountain led us to the 7 Dwarfs mine train.

We then stopped for water and a restroom break and a recognition that we had achieved loads already.

Then to Buzz Lightyear, which for the first time in a long time I won! I Just need that recorded in the Trip Report as it is a rarity in this day and age, when I have two sons whose prime aim in life is to beat me at absolutely any competitive event!

Just before our Space Mountain fast pass, it was time to take in a visit to the Carousel of Progress – a total favourite and a must ride for every trip – I know you can’t take pics and I know that I have been on the ride before when it has stopped because someone had a video and /or a camera with a flash. I just had my phone, having been a good boy and recognising I actually need a photo of this ride – I took a few pics. The whole ride did not stop nor indeed did I get shouted at mid ride as others have before. I am just glad I have my own memories and just couple of pics that did not affect anyone else.

Space Mountain was quick and as we sat in the back carriage it threw us around a bit. Just how it always should be.

We used our final hotel FP on the Speedway before ducking out of the 3pm parade to use our final counter service credit at Pecos Bill - Nachos for three and a tortilla wrap for Joe.

It was nice and would hopefully see us through until later tonight.
The food here was really good , the addition of the salad bar just makes it even more of a meal and as a counter service, it is one that represents good value too.

A final FP was booked for Pirates and as we boarded at 3.30, we knew that this particular part of the holiday was coming to an end. That was probably a good thing as I don’t think we could keep up at the pace we have been going about things.

This guy obviously had not enjoyed the dining plan at Disney

We however, had enjoyed that past few days and had a whole lot ahead of us.

A serenade as we exited too

As irony would have it, we departed MK on a bus that arrived within a minute of us arriving at the bus stop and we were the sole occupants of the bus- serves me right for all my Bus whinging this week!
4-15 we set off for Riverside.

The picture says it all!

Personal bus service I have not even sent my CV yet!

We filled refillable cups a few times, used the facilities too and then spent that $50 gift card that had meant we had nobody making our bed!
Nobody does it at home so no change here and we get all of our traditional buying paid for by Disney.

2018 Disney number plate and pin. POR pin a couple of shopping list things one-for the in laws and one for us.

Just shows how little Disney merch you get for 5 days without housekeeping- they dropped us so much toiletries in the one phone call and a huge towel change that to get $50 as a reward seems a huge bonus.

We took that one last look at the queue for the bus- ok maybe that was just me!

We did not get in the car though- it was roasting- we opened every door to start with, then I got in and started the engine and pushed the air con to full blast.

We were all at that Floridian moist moment- the one where you just don’t know where the sweat will come from next and when it does it will be from the least expected part of your body!
Thankfully the air con kicked in to avoid greater detail!

We ventured out of the bubble, that Disney bubble that had encapsulated every single one of our million dreams for just 6 nights.

Those dreams were perhaps going to be a little different for the rest of the trip- I would perhaps add they may be even better- but as we drove away there were still many millions of dreams to live, to enjoy and possibly/ hopefully some to fulfil.

We were driving to a place never seen before nor indeed visited by us or anyone else we knew of.

The joy of a HomeAway booking on a holiday.

The villa stood up to all of our wish list and when we entered, we were more taken aback by just how good the accommodation was.

There is always something of a nervous realisation to all of this, have I got the gate code? key code? and was all that I had booked really what it was advertised as?

We had never been to Lake Wilson Preserve in any trip previous, how we ended up here is possibly difficult to describe, for regular readers we have ended up in a variety of Villas and after our amazing villa experience last year and a recognition that there is value to be had in the Champions Gate area with so many amenities close by, it is possibly a better option to save a few £££ or $$$ for the sake of a few more minutes on the I 4.

We had once again found a dream home that we were going to enjoy for the rest of our holiday- it felt perfect the minute we walked in.

Amidst all of the excitement – we unloaded the car of luggage and I headed for Publix for a quick food option for tea – no DDP anymore needs a Publix trip to simply remind you that you need to pay for food and more importantly that beer, wine and cider is not charged at Disney prices in the real world.

A cooked chicken, salad, baguette, sprite, crisps, Publix doughnuts and aforementioned drinks were just a stop off point to ensure we ate and could start tomorrow.

As a result, we enjoyed a pool evening and simply remembered why we love the freedom that the villa part of the holiday allows.

It is so hard to describe, but space, quiet and your own pool is just the start.

Until tomorrow - thank you for reading

Day 11 is a click here away to continue reading

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:39 AM.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

After a day like today I was hoping you might have granted a wish...and you Have! Thank you 😬

A great fun filled day, a good use of those last credits and a quick move, even if it was done with some trepidation of driving into the unknown wilderness

Your descriptive pictorial observations keeps us wanting more, and, with so many more fun filled days to come, I can’t wait to read the rest of your trippie

Sivako

KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Great read as always but...

going out in a “Blaze of Glory”? Does that mean this year is you last?
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That photo of the boys on Splash Mountain 👬😘
I’m doubting that 2019 will be your last ever...maybe just for one year?
TMI btw re sweat 😂😂
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day to finish your Disney stay but time spent in a villa is different but still great

Joan
Old 15 Feb 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow, the villa looks lovely. From the photos it does look like a dream home.

I cannot believe you were so naughty and took photos on Carousel of Progress. TUT TUT TUT. Yes 3 in a row! It doesn't seem like anyone noticed though so I guess you're forgiven.

The day at MK sounds like a dream with all the fast passes, such a shame about the reason why you had them in the first place.

Ok so, onwards to the next phase of the holiday. I'm guessing there will be golf! I doubt anyone would bet against me on that score, well anyone who has read a walt4it trip report certainly wouldn't.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
Great read as always but...

going out in a “Blaze of Glory”? Does that mean this year is you last?
At this moment in time - that is exactly why this years trip has that title.

There comes a time when you realise that you need to go and explore.

Have so much planned for this year(2019) and if you keep reading the Blaze of Glory title will perhaps become more relevant. The = bit of the trip report title too

2019 will be our Blaze of Glory trip

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Another great post. That Villa looks lovely!

A fun day in MK too, loving the photos of you all, some really great ones there. I know the check in thing was a real issue (and I'd have been annoyed too tbf) but it did afford you a very packed morning on lots of the rides! Every cloud...
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

What a great, busy day. Your villa looks lovely, I'm looking forwards to reading more of your report and finding out how you spent your days.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List