Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Guide Books - San Diego

Hi All

Can anyone recommend me a 2019 guide book for San Diego specifically?

I’ve searched online, but I can only get either a mini top 10 style one, or a very diluted one that’s mixed in with a California book.

I know I can find info online, but I like to have a book to highlight and carry with me, plus it’s a tradition to keep them and reminisce.

Thanks in Advance

Gill
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm, I thought Amazon would have some but they are a bit thin on the ground.

What about the Moon 4th edition one?

amazon/s?k=san+die...sb_ ss_i_1_10

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Thin on the ground they are!

Thanks for the suggestion, I’d clearly flicked past that one. I’m off to check the reviews now

I’m quite surprised there aren’t more to be honest, it’s such a popular place!
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We went for the Top Ten one; small but lots of info and easy to take with us.

Other than that we've(I've) spent a lot of time googling stuff and looking at Aims amazing info thread.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My eldest is off to LA, Vegas and New York in September and I asked on here for guide book recommendations , near enough everyone who replied recommended the top ten ones so I got them those as part of their Xmas box, they are really good and there are fold out maps in them which they will use afterwards to mark where they went
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you’re either a fan of Top 10 guides or not.

I have several Moon travel books and they are very good. I haven’t seen the San Diego one but I’d recommend based on the ones I have.
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
We went for the Top Ten one; small but lots of info and easy to take with us.

Other than that we've(I've) spent a lot of time googling stuff and looking at Aims amazing info thread.
I’m stalking that thread - it’s taking a while ha ha
Old 1 Jun 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I think you’re either a fan of Top 10 guides or not.

I have several Moon travel books and they are very good. I haven’t seen the San Diego one but I’d recommend based on the ones I have.
I’m definitely not! Well, I’d use them in a pinch, but I like a good “proper” book that goes into detail, and includes all areas. I find the top 10 ones lacking so much, as they literally only talk about the 10 most popular things
Old 1 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

This will sound weird of me since I’m a resident, but I like to look through San Diego guidebooks too. I have found that Fodor’s San Diego and also Frommer’s San Diego are consistently well done and detailed guide books. I have found both on Amazon. Lonely Planet also does a decent guide too.

Another thing I suggest doing (in addition to talking to me lol) is going to San Diego’s official tourism website and getting a copy of their free travel planning guide. You can either download a pdf copy to your computer or tablet and read it there, or request them to send you a paperback copy of the guide. That usually takes a few weeks to arrive by mail, but if you’re not in a big hurry it’s nice to have something you can carry with you. The free guide from the San Diego tourism department is not as detailed and big as the other guide books I recommended, but it does a good overall job of listing much of what to do in San Diego, both big and small things. Here is where you can get a copy of the free guide: sandiego/plan/travel...-planning.aspx

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
This will sound weird of me since I’m a resident, but I like to look through San Diego guidebooks too. I have found that Fodor’s San Diego and also Frommer’s San Diego are consistently well done and detailed guide books. I have found both on Amazon. Lonely Planet also does a decent guide too.

Another thing I suggest doing (in addition to talking to me lol) is going to San Diego’s official tourism website and getting a copy of their free travel planning guide. You can either download a pdf copy to your computer or tablet and read it there, or request them to send you a paperback copy of the guide. That usually takes a few weeks to arrive by mail, but if you’re not in a big hurry it’s nice to have something you can carry with you. The free guide from the San Diego tourism department is not as detailed and big as the other guide books I recommended, but it does a good overall job of listing much of what to do in San Diego, both big and small things. Here is where you can get a copy of the free guide: sandiego/plan/travel...-planning.aspx
I could not recommend a guide book but San Diego is a great city one of our favourites if you get a chance and hire a car and it is your thing go visit Borrego Springs each to there own but was amazing
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List