Notices

Old 30 Aug 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BONDY LAD
Imagineer

Mobile

Eventually got through to vh, they gave me the offer to move flight 4 to 5 days later free of charge, HOWEVER they made it clear if we move by x number of days we MUST pay this as extra to portofino bay hotel, if flight actually cancelled then would move to any date or full refund given, not happy with this, bondy.
BONDY LAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
minniecassie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
Eventually got through to vh, they gave me the offer to move flight 4 to 5 days later free of charge, HOWEVER they made it clear if we move by x number of days we MUST pay this as extra to portofino bay hotel, if flight actually cancelled then would move to any date or full refund given, not happy with this, bondy.
When are we likely to know whether flight is cancelled or not, that is the guessing game. Due to fly Sunday morning, don't want to get to the airport to be told it has been cancelled when we could have rebooked before. We would happily go 4 or 5 days later
minniecassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Probably another day until (if at all) portofino bay hotel will allow changes under a hurricane policy? Might even be worth chat with the hotel?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
Thank you that’s very kind of you but we’re on the move ( fingers crossed) to Venice. Hopefully they aren’t panic buying there!
You could try Home Depot for drinking water. They usually stock up when there is a hurricane threat and it is not some where people think to shop for water.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
1 pink princess
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Also just got through to virgin holidays. Our holiday starts on the 3rd sep? . Virgin have stated we travel down as usual, will phone us if things change. So really a waiting game. Until they say rebook or cancel then the payment to your booking generally comes from you as the customer as your asking to do changes. A bit pants really. It’s like watch this space at the moment at least virgin are helping could be worse..
1 pink princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

BA Holidays - Just called and text.
Giving the number to call-
We were sorted yesterday -. Originally flying sunday Now flying tomorrow.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gh015c4116 View Post
BA Holidays - Just called and text.
Giving the number to call-
We were sorted yesterday -. Originally flying sunday Now flying tomorrow.
if i could i would have flown out this weekend - but i have a first aid course tomorrow which i absolutely have to do and our final petanque league games on Sunday. If i dont play we cant field a team.

I'm still hopeful that by Tuesday the flights will be good to go ableit a bit windy on landing.
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Well I've just checked in for tomorrows flight, so I'm hopeful it's going ahead! Just to find some water when we get there now.
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fleur_charms View Post
Well I've just checked in for tomorrows flight, so I'm hopeful it's going ahead! Just to find some water when we get there now.
You could always buy a few bottles airside at UK airport before you fly so you know you def have some for a day or two. Yes it will be heavy but if that is all you have in hand luggage it should be ok. Downside is if you are not direct then you could get some before 2nd flight.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

We were due to fly back on Tuesday night and the weather channel this morning has the hurricane over Orlando Wednesday morning at 2am. We have managed to move our flight to Thursday evening now. We picked up a couple of nights accommodation at AKL.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List