Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Oct 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

This sounds awful. We were there in July and the crowds then were bad enough so thinking late August/early September next year as we can go a bit later.

Are the crowds this bad on non party days in August (now that they’ve started the parties so early) and September? Or do they increase the amount of parties in October making the non party days so busy?

We’ve been end August/early September before but this was before they brought the parties forward a month so usually just caught the first party.

Edited at 01:33 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
So don’t go on Wednesday’s at all?
That’s the day we ve planned to go next week
This Wednesday coming MK doesn’t have MNSSHP (and has EMH, but then so does every day). Therefore I expect it to be busy, but not quite as busy as last Wednesday.

I’m not saying don’t go at all, just that it will be busier than normal. It would be quieter if you went on the Thursday.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We went on a party day the first day of our hols to MK. It was great as it was so quiet. We were in about 8:30 and had a great day. We had our 3 fp’s but managed to get loads of other rides done. As it was the first day of our hols we knew we wouldn’t last till night time so it didn’t matter to us that we had to leave.
If we were to go back at this time again I would defo pick a party day to go. We went over a few days later after the hoop Dee doo to see the fireworks and just went in, stood up on the entrance to the station and were out out really quick. We got the boat to and from fort wilderness and that worked out really well.
Was just a shame our last day at MK was so busy but at least we had already done what we had wanted to do.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Mk has been quiet on on non party days. We had a lovely time there on Sunday morning. This Wednesday is predicted 9/10 very busy but we’ll just go in for fireworks.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We are here now and did MK fireworks tonight - Wednesday 23rd. MK early close last night and tomorrow’s Halloween party is sold out. We weren’t at MK until 6 - had been at HS since morning and the crowds there were light.

The hub, Main Street, and areas surrounding the hub (bridge areas into the other lands, basically) were filled to capacity tonight according to the announcements. I took one look at the crowd and ordinarily I would have ignore the fireworks, done stuff at the back of the park or left midway through. But we had VIO seating for tonight and my friend has never seen HEA, so we would stay. We just needed to get to the place where we checked in for the roped off spots and that would be fine by talking to cast members as we went through, surely. But no, so many people were trying it on that the cast were blanket refusing no matter what. Eventually we namedropped the cast member who invited us to the vip section and someone quickly let us get the last twenty feet to where we would check in, but it felt icky to do that! Usually I find patience and good manners gets you what you need at Disney.

We watched from that spot and the view was lovely despite the extensive crowd, but I was shaking for a good ten minutes from trying to get there and my five year old was a champ considering he is shorter than everyone’s waist andantes adults in the crowd were not well behaved.

Anyway, it is what it is and we got back. (Though the monorail went down so I suspect many who drove haven’t got back yet - the queue to get to T&TC was unlike anything I’ve ever seen.) But if you have half-term planned for next year, I would think twice about the Wednesday that week. I’ve been to MK on Thanksgiving Day before and tonight’s crowd was worse.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
This Wednesday coming MK doesn’t have MNSSHP (and has EMH, but then so does every day). Therefore I expect it to be busy, but not quite as busy as last Wednesday.

A follow up to the above. Here are MK's wait time levels over the last week or so:

This Wednesday (yesterday) was busy and busier than the previous 6 days. But it wasn't quite as busy as last Wednesday (16th). At least in terms of wait times.

Wednesday is a bad day to visit MK during October, unless you like crowds.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List