Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jan 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile AKL recommendations for DVC accommodation

Were DVC members and looking to book AKL for this August. (Fingers crossed availability!) .. but I'm confused with the two different areas, it looks like I can book either Jambo house or Kidani village using my points but does anyone recommend a preference and if so, which room area or requests for buildings would you suggest. Were looking at booking a Savannah view studio room.
Thanks in advance 😊
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post

I would recommend looking up floor plans because they’re slightly different between the two. From memory the bathroom is a different layout in the studios.

Kidani was built as dedicated DVC where Jambo is converted hotel rooms. The lobby in Jambo is more impressive, it has a much bigger shop and the only QS. I prefer the location of the pool in Jambo too because you have to go across the road at Kidani (unless there’s an entrance further along that I’ve missed).
Kidani has an underground car park and generally feels much quieter in the public areas. The biggest negative for me is that there are two totally different savannah views at Kidani - Sunset is shared with Jambo and has giraffes etc, Pembe is beside the pool and has okapi with deer and hogs. I don’t feel it’s worth the extra points for a Pembe view personally.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindy15
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
I would recommend looking up floor plans because they’re slightly different between the two. From memory the bathroom is a different layout in the studios.

Kidani was built as dedicated DVC where Jambo is converted hotel rooms. The lobby in Jambo is more impressive, it has a much bigger shop and the only QS. I prefer the location of the pool in Jambo too because you have to go across the road at Kidani (unless there’s an entrance further along that I’ve missed).
Kidani has an underground car park and generally feels much quieter in the public areas. The biggest negative for me is that there are two totally different savannah views at Kidani - Sunset is shared with Jambo and has giraffes etc, Pembe is beside the pool and has okapi with deer and hogs. I don’t feel it’s worth the extra points for a Pembe view personally.
Thank you. Think I'll also have a look on touring plans for room choice. Do you know which buildings in Jambo are DVC?
Lindy15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lindy15 View Post
Thank you. Think I'll also have a look on touring plans for room choice. Do you know which buildings in Jambo are DVC?
I believe the DVC rooms are in all buildings but only certain floors. They come under savannah view/studio .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Jambo house has dvc on the upper 2 floors
Old 14 Jan 20, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

I love AKL. We stayed for four nights last August rented DVC points. We had a savannah view and loved seeing all the giraffes. We had a two bedroomed villa type room which was lovely and spacious. I agree with the other Dibber. I preferred the pool and lobby in Jambo, although it was much quieter in Kidani.