Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
My dates are out now (14-29th Aug). Been tracking the prices all week and they looked good (around £700ish pp). Yesterday they went up, and now for almost any return date it's around £1100pp.

So no booking for me.
August prices seem to have jumped in the last few days.

All of August dates are now red on Skyscanner for me.

End of July is still decent so hopefully prices will start to settle for August.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
My dates are out now (14-29th Aug). Been tracking the prices all week and they looked good (around £700ish pp). Yesterday they went up, and now for almost any return date it's around £1100pp.

So no booking for me.
We’re looking for 20th July - 12th Aug ish. Since I started looking for 1 stop out of Newcastle, flydrive prices have never dropped below £1200
Old 9 Sep 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
A few times we've had similar arrangements - generally because we've been flying out LGW -> MCO, but back MIA -> LHR I've dropped the family and all the cases at the Sofitel at Gatwick, and then driven to LHR, parked up and then jumped on a National Express back to LGW.

It's likely to be a lot easier to do the transfer if there's one person and no cases as opposed to 4 people and all their cases and cabin bags.

(Pro Tip: you can pick up a few cans of G&T from M&S at Heathrow to keep you hydrated on the coach)
Good tip all round! Cheers
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by deeez10 View Post
Who did you book with if I may ask?
With BA - I made a custom trip with the hotel part the night before hotel.
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
kking
I want to go now!

We were also tracking prices for return last weekend of Aug; with the jump in price to TPA, we decided to take the MCO route - LGW out, LHR return. Price was good for us so booked! Booked a Taxi so no issues with the car parked at a different airport. Taxi actually worked out cheaper than parking so all good; I had always assumed a taxi would be too costly from our house. Used BA for the cancellation policy; can always use a voucher for BA if we have to cancel.
kking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelashpurple
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by kking View Post
We were also tracking prices for return last weekend of Aug; with the jump in price to TPA, we decided to take the MCO route - LGW out, LHR return. Price was good for us so booked! Booked a Taxi so no issues with the car parked at a different airport. Taxi actually worked out cheaper than parking so all good; I had always assumed a taxi would be too costly from our house. Used BA for the cancellation policy; can always use a voucher for BA if we have to cancel.
Can I ask are you planning to park at LHW and taxi to LGW
(or reverse)? We plan to book a taxi for the trip to LGW after parking at LHW but not sure about timing as will have a 2hr+ drive and may be delayed. How have you organised timing?
Leelashpurple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kking
I want to go now!

Sorry, I didn’t make that clear; we are getting a Taxi from home so no parking costs at all. Was about £110 each way; we normally park two cars as we travel with grandparents so they normally come in their own car. Will leave both cars at ours and get Taxi to LGW the night before and stay in hotel (then LHR to home on rtn). We like to stay before to save the worry of a traffic jam in the morning; we live in Kent. I am very much looking forward to being driven home at the end of the hols! Usually so tired by then. Using a local airport taxi firm.
kking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We did the fly out from LGW and back to LHR 2 years ago.

We took the opportunity to get train instead of drive (150 miles to London). Buying tickets 12 weeks before was good value - we still stayed at a airport hotel though, dint trust trains to be on time!

Was more relaxing - although next time we'd have bfast at airport on return to avoid rush hour on tube.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Now booked and prices were much better than I was expecting for next year.

2 adults 2 teens
19/8 - 31/8
Direct to MCO. Gatwick out but back to Heathrow
Group F car hire with Avis so bags included
£2,500 approx with BA

At that price I'm happy to pay the extra for a taxi to take us to and from the airports. We did that a couple of years ago when we had an indirect flight back to Heathrow and it was lovely not having to drive ourselves, park etc.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by HFJohnson View Post
Now booked and prices were much better than I was expecting for next year.

2 adults 2 teens
19/8 - 31/8
Direct to MCO. Gatwick out but back to Heathrow
Group F car hire with Avis so bags included
£2,500 approx with BA

At that price I'm happy to pay the extra for a taxi to take us to and from the airports. We did that a couple of years ago when we had an indirect flight back to Heathrow and it was lovely not having to drive ourselves, park etc.
That’s a decent price in today’s market. Sadly for us, the schools go back on the 1st😢