Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
Ok, final question I promise! I am rebooked.

But does this sound right - 93000 Avios using a companion voucher and the sale for 2 off peak return business flights to Orlando?

I had worked it out as 62,500

- 250,000 Avios would have been the total
- Companion voucher takes that to 125,000
- 50% off sale takes that to 62,500

The lady was lovely on the phone and said it was complicated to work out as they have to do it in an Excel Spreadsheet, and she got the total as 93,000 Avios giving us a refund of 44,300 (from our original spend of 137,500 - 75,000 for a peak outbound and 62,500 for off peak inbound)

Did I calculate that completely wrong?
sbchannel - Your calculations are correct and I am sure you will be contacting BA to get your account corrected. I have included the up to date table for Avios redemtpions and hope that helps.

Yes BA agents (and all other organisations) can and do make mistakes and it is always a good idea to do your own calculations first. Since BA changed the way Avios redemption rates are calculated from a system based on "Areas" to "Mileage" it makes it slightly more complicated for calculation and I do feel sorry for the staff ( many of whom are still working from home) who are dealing with call after call after call sometimes with very unpleasant characters on the end of the phone. I am not making an excuse for someone making a mistake but I can understand how it happens. Please let us know how you get on.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Sorry, I have 1 more question about this.
I am the single mum with 3 kids...
I am going to upgrade my BA Amex card to the £195pa card.

I have just read On head for points that BA release 2 x club world seats on each flight at 355 days out. (They then possibly release more at a later date)

Am I ever going to stand a chance of being able to book 4 x club world tickets to Orlando (or even Sydney) if I have two x 2 4 1 vouchers?

I guess I could attempt to book the first 2 club world tickets that are released at 355 days and then hopefully add a further 2 at a later date when they are released.

If they don’t release any more club world companion seats, then I assume I would be able to cancel my original two?

I obviously can’t fly club world with 1 child and have my other 2 in economy without me.

Does anyone see how this can work with me getting 4 x club world seats or am is it all too complicated and unlikely.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dream bigger View Post

I have just read On head for points that BA release 2 x club world seats on each flight at 355 days out. (They then possibly release more at a later date)

Am I ever going to stand a chance of being able to book 4 x club world tickets to Orlando (or even Sydney) if I have two x 2 4 1 vouchers?

I guess I could attempt to book the first 2 club world tickets that are released at 355 days and then hopefully add a further 2 at a later date when they are released.

If they don’t release any more club world companion seats, then I assume I would be able to cancel my original two?

I obviously can’t fly club world with 1 child and have my other 2 in economy without me.

Does anyone see how this can work with me getting 4 x club world seats or am is it all too complicated and unlikely.
At the moment it’s very possible as they’ve released loads due to Covid. Once things get back to normal it will be difficult to get 4 for a flight but not impossible. As you say the way to do it would be to grab 2 on release day and then keep checking for 2 more.
Cancelling the original 2 would cost £70.
4 for Sydney will be pretty much impossible when things go back to normal.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
At the moment it’s very possible as they’ve released loads due to Covid. Once things get back to normal it will be difficult to get 4 for a flight but not impossible. As you say the way to do it would be to grab 2 on release day and then keep checking for 2 more.
Cancelling the original 2 would cost £70.
4 for Sydney will be pretty much impossible when things go back to normal.
I just booked Seattle flights for September. Buisness class has 8 club class avios released for the flight I wanted and their are two flights a day. Admittedly out of the offer period.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I just booked Seattle flights for September. Buisness class has 8 club class avios released for the flight I wanted and their are two flights a day. Admittedly out of the offer period.
Yes, as I said they’ve released loads to get money in due to Covid. Dream bigger isn’t booking under this offer. She doesn’t have enough to book in the next year or 2. Once things settle down It’ll go back to 2 per flight on release the date, which is what I was trying to help her with.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

All sorted now with my Avios, thank you Softy and Stanleycamel - the lady I spoke to today wasn't sure at all how yesterday came up with the really random 93,534 Avios, but it was sorted in minutes.

I have called BA 4 times in the last 2 days (for booking outbound at 1am for the seats I wanted from LA in September, cancelling Florida for the voucher, rebooking Florida, then sorting the Avios) and I have never come across a more helpful 4 people, whose jobs must be horrible at the moment, yet each one of them was friendly, so helpful, still seemed to love the job they are doing. Hats off to them all - it really makes a difference when you are speaking to someone who genuinely wants to help.

Thanks again for your help everyone!
sbchannel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
All sorted now with my Avios, thank you Softy and Stanleycamel - the lady I spoke to today wasn't sure at all how yesterday came up with the really random 93,534 Avios, but it was sorted in minutes.

I have called BA 4 times in the last 2 days (for booking outbound at 1am for the seats I wanted from LA in September, cancelling Florida for the voucher, rebooking Florida, then sorting the Avios) and I have never come across a more helpful 4 people, whose jobs must be horrible at the moment, yet each one of them was friendly, so helpful, still seemed to love the job they are doing. Hats off to them all - it really makes a difference when you are speaking to someone who genuinely wants to help.

So pleased you got sorted out. We all know that you can get poor service/staff in any organisation and BA is no different in that regard but it was lovely to hear that your experience of the agents you spoke to was so positive.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

No worries, glad it’s all sorted!

I’ve had similar experiences on 3 calls in the last week, all very polite and helpful.
Old 12 Oct 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dream bigger View Post

I don't think it is beyond the realms of probability to find four seats, I have seen four seats available in the past.

I cannot see you managing to bag four seats to Sydney though. We are Australian citizens so we look Sydney flights more often than most and it is very, very rare for it to be available. In fact the only time I can recall finding flights to Sydney has been recently due to the current surplus of availability. It would take you a long time to collect the points for two seats as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Completely separate issue, but I was thinking of booking another set of club world flights, but the 50% offer is not being applied.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List