Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Oct 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 06 - Epcot and move to RPR

The index is here.

Thursday 1st August 2019

Bit of a sad today as we’re checking out of BC which marks the first part of the holiday over We’re heading off for two nights in RPR to get FOLP for US and IOA. The plan for today was to go to Epcot to try and get on Frozen Forever; we then had FPs for Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth. We planned to stay in Epcot until lunchtime and then head up by Lyft to RPR. We’ve got Club level at RPR, so aim to get and go to US for the afternoon.

We were up early and packed the suitcases, I don’t think we’ll ever get bored of looking out at the view.

Breakfast in the lounge was next on the list and then we checked out; goodbye room 5711 The first big gulp of the holiday was when we checked out and the bill was $662; actually, it wasn’t that bad as that was everything we had bought along with tips for some meals.

Maybe a couple of days on this on the next trip?

The front of the hotel was really quiet so perfect time for photo opps. Looking back on these, I do really need to smile or is that just my happy face because believe it or not, I really was happy! There is some real clever trickery in these photos, for once we’re all about the same height.

However, in reality

Although we got some good ones of us all

We got to Epcot for rope drop and then made a dash (well quick walk) to Frozen Ever After; there was about twenty people in front of us so the wait was minimal. It wasn’t here on our last visit so we were all looking forward to it and it was brilliant; loved the theming as you walked through and the ride is so good.

We got out of the ride and the wait was 15 mins, so straight back on

We all think DW broke into a power ballad at this point I think it was better second time around because you can take more in. Epcot was looking beautiful.

From Frozen it was over to Soarin’ then we went on Living with the Land and then Test Track for our first FP.

I think DW and DD2 beat us but I love Test Track and would love to ride it on more however the wait time is always 100+ minutes.

Obligatory stop at Club Cool especially as they’re closing it down; DW conned me on The Beverly on the last trip and it is funny watching people do it to their families

We wanted an early lunch as heading over to RPR this afternoon; the plan was to go to the take-out window at Via Napoli; it was getting very hot in the park despite it being late morning and I think the full-on time at Disney had caught up with us. We decided not to bother with the other two FPs and walked around the whole of the world. DW grabbed a chocolate covered pineapple slice in Germany.

When we got to Italy we found that the take-out window was closed and didn’t open until mid-afternoon. We stood there for about five minutes working out where to eat and whenever a suggestion was made, someone shot it down. So, I took charge (some would say being very grumpy and perhaps childish ) we decided to head back to BC and grab something there; the moaning and groaning continued on the walk back but we settled on Hurricane Hannah’s. DDs grabbed a table whilst DW and I ordered.

DDs had chicken breast nuggets and waffles with fountain drinks; DW had Hannah’s bacon cheeseburger with a bud lite and I had Shipwreck Angus Bacon Cheeseburger with Hurricane Reef Lager.

DW and I brought the food back to the table and we were all still grumpy, but then we noticed Susan who was the lovely cast member in the club lounge; she was with her husband and said “this is the lovely family from England I was telling you about and it’s her 16th birthday”, all of a sudden we became the most polite and loving family in the world I can’t remember if I already said but we emailed a cast compliment about Madison, Susan and Emily as they were wonderful. We had a good chat with Susan and her husband, thanking her for making our trip so wonderful.

We used our last DDP credits but the cost was $70.84 (£58.55). The burgers were lovely and DDs said the chicken was too. We said goodbye to Susan, went back to the lobby, picked up our suitcases and ordered a Lyft. Whilst waiting outside there was an old Chevy truck so another photo opp.

So that was the first part of our trip done; we were incredibly fortunate to have been upgraded; the room was amazing and the lounge was excellent. I like the way they have set times, but if you want anything outside of those, you just need to ask one of the cast members. For us DDP was brilliant, we got to eat in restaurants we probably wouldn’t have and saved ourselves a lot of money especially as the hotel price didn’t increase when “free” DDP was released. If we weren’t in Club, we would have used all of the snack credits rather than using it on chocolate. Overall, our DDP total was something like:

DDP
• Snack Credits – all gone
• QS Credits – 4 start – 4 = all gone
• TS Credits – all gone
• Daily Saving $70.84 (£58.55)
• Total Saving $1516.76 (£1253.52)

We got a Lyft XL to RPR as we had the luggage, it cost $25.06 (£20.74). From our last trip we stayed one night at RPR and absolutely loved it but felt rushed only having two days in US/IOA; so, this time we knew we wanted to do two nights and chill a little bit more. There was a tiny price difference between a Club room and a normal room after my discount, we decided it would be nice to do that (obviously didn’t know we would be upgraded at BC).

We checked in and got our FOLP passes and made our way to the room; I actually forgotten how dark the hotel seemed compared to Disney; it’s funny that when you come out of the lift, DDs kept saying that the smell reminded them of their Nan’s house. Room 3704 was lovely and had a fantastic view.

As mentioned earlier, we were all a bit tired and the full-on week had caught up with us. We decided not to go into the park but instead walked around City Walk and had a look in a couple of the stores with DD1 trying on some make up

We walked back to RPR. The walk is lovely around the lake.

DW and DD2 went for a swim and then we all went to lounge for some drinks when it opened at 1630. The lounge was good, although we had been spoilt by the one in BC; you were served alcohol but the servers were very attentive and asked if you wanted another one before you had finished the drink; there were lots of snacks and packets of things. I think we stayed there until they closed around 1800, we chatted to a couple of families; one was there for two weeks in Club

We decided just to chill for the evening and didn’t go out of the hotel; I ordered Pizza Hut and we sat in the room eating Margarita, Pepperoni and Garlic Bread with Cinnabon Rolls, the cost was around $30.

It was a lovely day despite the grumpiness of us all, sad to say goodbye to BC but looking forward to our short stay at RPR.

Tomorrow’s plan is to get up early and head to US first then onto IOA to see if we can get on Hagrid. Day 7 can be found here

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Just caught up with your report, really enjoying it. We love a split stay too, never tried BC but its on my list, we do love SSR though. RPR is a favourite of ours too. Looking forward to following along.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think you needed the rest after all your busy days

Joan
Old 10 Oct 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

Always good to take some time out when needed 👍
You can’t beat a Pizza Hut room meal, got to be done at least once on the holiday. Looking forward to your next instalments, thanks for posting, cheers me up as we have just been sat here discussing what the chances actually are of us getting to go in our trip next July, not looking too hopeful at the moment ☹️
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
An action packed day. We love Disney but it is nice to mix it up with a Universal stay. We love RPR, it is such a lovely hotel with beautiful surrounds. Great report!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List