Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Apr 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Virgin economy classic through a 3rd party

Has anyone had any luck booking Virgin economy classic seating through a 3rd party?
Many 3rd party sites seem to include 1 piece of baggage per person but when I Enquire to confirm which of the 3 new economy categories it actually Is no one can tell me!

Example- Just been on the phone to net flights as their site states 1pc baggage each so I’m asking if it’s economy classic, he tells me it’s economy with a bag but you have to pay extra to be able to book your seats. Now this doesn’t fit with any of virgins new categories! I ask how much it is to be able to book seats, he goes off for ages and then quotes me another £300 on top and tells me his colleague has told him that this is for economy delight?

I ask for the quotes in an email confirming exactly what’s included, he tells me he can’t do that as He had to use a ‘back end’ system to get the second price for me! Hmmmmm.

I was hoping to use a 3rd party site to get money off as they are usually cheaper but I just can’t be sure what I’m booking! Virgin direct it is I think unless anyone has any success stories?
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz23 View Post
Has anyone had any luck booking Virgin economy classic seating through a 3rd party?
Many 3rd party sites seem to include 1 piece of baggage per person but when I Enquire to confirm which of the 3 new economy categories it actually Is no one can tell me!

Example- Just been on the phone to net flights as their site states 1pc baggage each so I’m asking if it’s economy classic, he tells me it’s economy with a bag but you have to pay extra to be able to book your seats. Now this doesn’t fit with any of virgins new categories! I ask how much it is to be able to book seats, he goes off for ages and then quotes me another £300 on top and tells me his colleague has told him that this is for economy delight?

I ask for the quotes in an email confirming exactly what’s included, he tells me he can’t do that as He had to use a ‘back end’ system to get the second price for me! Hmmmmm.

I was hoping to use a 3rd party site to get money off as they are usually cheaper but I just can’t be sure what I’m booking! Virgin direct it is I think unless anyone has any success stories?
Sounds to me like they are booking economy light and adding 1 bag rather than using economy classic.
Old 30 Apr 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

You can select your seat for free (as long as it's not extra leg room or upstairs) when booking Virgin flight with Netflights, did it over the weekend
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
You can select your seat for free (as long as it's not extra leg room or upstairs) when booking Virgin flight with Netflights, did it over the weekend
When did you book with netflights? Was it online or over the phone?
Donz23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
i booked virgin through netflights last weekend (tried online but ended up phoning them to book instead). I have a full classic fare, one hold bag included per person, and i've already selected all my economy seats for free on both my Virgin and Delta flights (my itinerary is a Virgin/Delta codeshare).

Edited at 09:40 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi
I booked our virgin flights with netflights yesterday. Once I received the booking reference I logged onto virgin to choose my seats. It charged me £28 per person each way for booking upstairs in the bubble. I paid it but after looking through the website i couldn’t find anything that said you had to pay for upper deck seats. So today I contacted virgin and the very helpful guy refunded me the money and told me there was no charge for economy classic
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE_WH1TES View Post
Hi
I booked our virgin flights with netflights yesterday. Once I received the booking reference I logged onto virgin to choose my seats. It charged me £28 per person each way for booking upstairs in the bubble. I paid it but after looking through the website i couldn’t find anything that said you had to pay for upper deck seats. So today I contacted virgin and the very helpful guy refunded me the money and told me there was no charge for economy classic
you were very lucky - as I'm absolutely positive since Virgin's changes to its fare policy that they have now published the extra charges if you want the upper deck seats in economy.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/external/l...YXFzLmh0bWw%3D

"
If I’m travelling in Economy Classic, is it free to select any seat I want? , 10 of 14accordian
Accordion content

You can choose from any of our lovely standard seats. If you’d like to be in an emergency exit seat, or one of the seats on the upper deck of our 747 aircraft, there will be an additional charge."

Edited at 09:57 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, most seats in Economy Classic are free to book, the exceptions being exit row seats and the bubble, as stated on that VA FAQ page. The extra cost for those seats is shown when you are looking at the seat plan and booking the seats. The bubble is £28 each way, which you pay before you can select them. Before the changes it was £35 (slightly more than downstairs £30). I was charged the £28 for my flight in November.

Donz23: a good travel agent should be able to tell you which of the 3 VA Economy classes they are selling, as they are different tickets, and explain VA's policies clearly. If they can't, then they are either incompetent or dodgy, so don't use them. I always book direct with the airline, cutting out middlemen.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I booked Virgin indirect flights a few months ago via Netflights. Before the Virgin change, it was asking me to pay to select my seats. The day the change happened I was able to log in and choose my seats for free.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz23
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
Yes, most seats in Economy Classic are free to book, the exceptions being exit row seats and the bubble, as stated on that VA FAQ page. The extra cost for those seats is shown when you are looking at the seat plan and booking the seats. The bubble is £28 each way, which you pay before you can select them. Before the changes it was £35 (slightly more than downstairs £30). I was charged the £28 for my flight in November.

Donz23: a good travel agent should be able to tell you which of the 3 VA Economy classes they are selling, as they are different tickets, and explain VA's policies clearly. If they can't, then they are either incompetent or dodgy, so don't use them. I always book direct with the airline, cutting out middlemen.

Yes I agree. It’s frustrating though that they don’t seem clued up! And also frustrating that netflights for example are £200 cheaper than Virgin direct.

To those that have booked successfully with netflights and been able to choose their seats, thank you for your feedback! Maybe I will phone netflights again today and see if I get someone who knows what they are talking about!