Notices

Old 29 Dec 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Just catching up having not been on here for ages! The Cape Coral villa looks lovely, and it is always good to try something different.

Looking forward to hearing your final ADRs soon!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Just catching up having not been on here for ages! The Cape Coral villa looks lovely, and it is always good to try something different.

Looking forward to hearing your final ADRs soon!
I am looking forward to having a real chilled out last 5 days in Cape Coral. As we will have had a month off work I really didn't want to come home feeling like I need another holiday so hopefully it will work out.

I hope to update with a success story when our ADR day arrives in a few days. I still find it odd to be stressing about whether we will get certain restaurant reservations 6 months ahead of time.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Love the plans, There seems to be a rubbing theme of booking extras and adding to plans in these trip reports lol I have just booked sea world and am looking forward to trying Busch gardens
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
I am looking forward to having a real chilled out last 5 days in Cape Coral. As we will have had a month off work I really didn't want to come home feeling like I need another holiday so hopefully it will work out.

I hope to update with a success story when our ADR day arrives in a few days. I still find it odd to be stressing about whether we will get certain restaurant reservations 6 months ahead of time.
Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, what is on your list? It is odd having to stress about it all 6 months ahead, and in the end last year for all my worrying about it at the time I think I changed almost every ADR around

Edited at 12:05 AM.
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Love the plans, There seems to be a rubbing theme of booking extras and adding to plans in these trip reports lol I have just booked sea world and am looking forward to trying Busch gardens
I have always enjoyed our days at SeaWorld and am really looking forward to going back to Busch Garden after quite a long break.
There won't be many additions from me this time. I'm finally going to be a bit more sensible!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, what is on your list? It is odd having to stress about it all 6 months ahead, and in the end last year for all my worrying about it at the time I think I changed almost every ADR around
So ADR day is here, I'm sure it was more stressful this time!
We have pretty much got exactly what we wanted with one exception but I am happy and won't be making any major changes to them. I will update shortly with our plans.
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
So ADR day is here, I'm sure it was more stressful this time!
We have pretty much got exactly what we wanted with one exception but I am happy and won't be making any major changes to them. I will update shortly with our plans.
Great news, look forward to hearing the plans
Old 3 Jan 20, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So ADR day finally arrived. I was poised at 11:00 like any conscientious Dibber should be. I found it a little more stressful than last time mainly due to the 1st ADR I wanted to get not being available and spending the first half an hour trying over and over again with no joy

It has all ended up fine though and I am happy with our selections so there is unlikely to be any modifying going on.

It did result in me having to call Disney to upgrade our dining from the free DDP to the DxDDP though, At £525.55 for our 5 night on site stay I think it's decent value when you add up what the signatures would cost us OOP. Wouldn't be much use if we were staying on site much longer than 5 days though.

Wednesday, JULY 1st 2020

We fly into Tampa today so we have not booked any ADR's. Last time the kids were zonked by the time we arrived at Disney and I don't expect it to be too much different this time. We are likely to order some food/drink bits to be delivered but if not we will do a mini shop on the way in. Most likely that the kids would be highly delighted at the thought of a Mcdonalds drive through though.

Thursday, 2nd JULY 2020

Breakfast

Most restaurants will be completely new to us with only a couple repeated from last time. Our first new one is a Crystal Palace breakfast. We have an 08:05 ADR, Park opening is 09:00 currently. I know there is little benefit to a pre park opening breakfast here but at least it won't feel like we are missing much. Emma and Benjamin met Winnie and Eeyore at 1900PF last time but Piglet and Tigger will be new to them.

Dinner

Our first repeated restaurant is Yachstman Steakhouse. We had such a lovely evening here last time despite us not really rating the food that I had to give it another chance. The fact that it will be so convenient for us swung it. ADR at 17:15.

Emma was an absolute angel here last time.

Friday, JULY 3rd 2020

Breakfast

We have an 07:45 breakfast at Cape May this morning. I've read lots of good reviews and it did look good when we walked past last time. I'm sure we will be up at the crack of dawn walking around The Boardwalk to kill time but it will be nice to have breakfast in our hotel.

Dinner

We have a 16:35 reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table today. This is the princess hit for the kids having done Akershus on our last trip. We actually had a reservation for this last time by cancelled it to have a rest day instead.

Saturday, JULY 4th 2020

Breakfast

We are staying nearby the hotel for breakfast again this morning. 07:45 Bon Voyage Breakfast Adventure at Trattoria El Forno. Again, have read good reviews and I'm sure Emma and Benjamin will love it.

Dinner

This was the only one I had problems with. Not a surprise though. I wanted California Grill so that we could watch the Independence Day fireworks from here but I couldn't get a table for dinner at any time. I also looked for 3rd July and same issue. I tried Narcoosees and initially there was a table but it was too early... it then didn't show again at all.
I rang Disney and still had no joy with CG but have no managed to get a 19:05 ADR at Narcoosees which I am happy with. The plan is we can watch the fireworks from there after dinner.

Sunday, JULY 5th 2020

Breakfast

Another early start this morning with an 07:45 ADR at O'Hana. Really looking forward to this one and having a little nose at the Polynesian too.

Dinner

Tonight we have a 17:55 ADR at Tiffins. I've seen a couple of vlogs where this looks really nice.

We have booked this as a River Of Light Package. I think it will be debateable whether we will hang around for it but will try as we haven't seen it yet.

Monday JULY 6th 2020

Breakfast

Our final day on site will start with Tusker House at 10:15. We have repeated this due to convenience of being in AK and wanting to get FOP fast passes for our last onsite day. We enjoyed this one last time too. Have booked a little later as it is EMH today.

Dinner

After unpacking at our villa we will head back for a 19:10 ADR at California Grill. I may get an Uber so we can both sample some wine. This is another we had booked last time and ended up cancelling so we will definitely give it a try this time.

All done

I think we will book one or two more for the off site part of our stay so will have to start putting our daily plans together in the next week or so before they come available.
After that, I have no idea what I will spend my time thinking about... other than working all hours to get out spending money saved before we go!
Old 3 Jan 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

It all sounds great, and upgrading doesn’t sound a bad cost to do all the signatures. I have only been to two of those, Trattoria al Forno was really good (don’t forget to ask Flynn what is in his bag!), but there are lots i’d like to try
Old 8 Jan 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

We are happy to be trying 8 new restaurants this time. However, I am getting a little bit of grief from the others that I haven't managed to squeeze another 1900 PF breakfast in!
I seem to remember the countdown from ADR day to fast pass day feeling like forever last time.

Not too much left on my list to do now though:

fast passes
Check insurance as I can't remember if Chloe is covered now she is 18
Get my Avis preferred account linked.
Couple more fast passes for the off site portion
I think that's about it