Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Oct 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Florida Trip no3 - Day 1 - September 2019

Index Here

Day 1 - 15 September 2019 - Magic Kingdom & Disney Springs

I awake needing the loo and considering how tired we were the night before I am convinced it must be around half 7, nope 215! I am not great at falling asleep again after getting up but luckily I do and again wake at 5 am. My wife on the other hand is blissfully unaware and my early rise and is peacefully asleep.
I wake my wife at half 7 as I’m bored and move around the room to wake her up by ‘accident’ oops!

After getting ready we head down to the bus stop and are on a magic kingdom bus by 0830, it’s a busy one so we are relegated the standing room and I am sandwiched between a pregnant lady and a man desperately trying to balance a stroller. We arrive at Magic Kingdom shortly after, security is a breeze as is the entry queue.

We are in, and finally home! Smiles from cheek to cheek, and of course we stop at every photopass photographer going, some super friendly some not. The Halloween decorations are amazing, and love the attention to detail. Walking up Main Street we stop in at Starbucks for breakfast, 2 cream cheese bagels and some ice water $7.44, we eat in and spot some massive Micky doughnuts and instantly regret my bagel! One for next time!

We head to Tomorrow Land and see Buzz is up as a 10 minute wait, so head on in to find it’s a walk on, bonus! Love this ride and we are so competitive, we fight over the joy stick thing, and as soon as I line up the perfect shot my wife moves us to the side, regardless of her underarm tactics I win, so the Buzz score board is 1 nill to me!
Next up is the people mover, again a walk on and a lovely way to see the park. The work on Tron looks great, and will be a great coaster when up. Our first fast pass of the day is for Space Mountain, but without it is only a 10 min wait so turning into a quiet morning. By the time we are off it’s just gone 10 and have done 3 rides in the hour we have been there.

Speedway is showing a 10 min wait, so that’s next. Just before we get in the lady getting out says her car cut out half way round and was stuck for a while, guess what happens to us, on the final bend we cut out, can’t see a cast member so we shout behind for them to give us a push, once in sight I frantically wave, much to the amusement of my wife and he starts the engine up and we are going again.

Second fast pass is for Buzz and my wife beats me by a mile so we are now on 1 all. It’s getting a bit warm so what else for 20 mins of air con, the carousel of progress. Its a great big beautiful tomorrow! Loved Walt’s vision and how true the last house is with its VR and voice controls. Despite the numerous times the attendant says once we start moving there is no coming out, so what does a family do on the second room, decide to leave via the fire escape and as a result we don’t turn on this room. so we get to watch it all again!

Last year when we came Christopher Robin has been released and they had some gorgeous Winnie Pooh bears which of course we brought, and my mother in law fell in love with it, so we head to 100 acre goods and purchase another Pooh Bear and have a lovely chat with the cast member.

Lunch time and our bellies are calling for food, we are passing The Friar's Nook, and Mac and cheese with tater tots and bacon bits looks amazing, we share a portion for $11.77. Amazing mac and cheese, bacon bits and the crispy tater tots, what’s not to love!

We ride the Carousel and choose 2 lovely steed’s to take us on our journey. Our final fp for the day is big thunder mountain, we really enjoy the ride and love the bumps and effects.

It’s coming up to parade time so we head back to Main Street and we have a little bit of rain, so we take shelter in the Creamery and it would be rude for us not to get some thing! I forget how big the portions are, my wife has an ice cream cookie sandwich and I order the Minnie sundae, both were amazingly great, but I do struggle to finish mine off. $16 of ice cream goodness and worth every cent!

The floor was starting to dry out a little after the earlier rain so we stake out a spot next to a bin, I leave the smallest of gaps between me and the bin but as per usual a family of about 20 try to squeeze into a space that you would struggle to fit a small dog in, elbows are out and I defend my spot ready for the start of the parade. I love the parade and I think depending on the weather they have different versions of it, this seemed a full one and loved the floats and noticed some new additions from last year, was good to see the dragon back also!

Tonight is a Halloween party, so like the majority of others we start to head out of the park, but head into the shops first, good job we did as almost instantly the sky’s open and it tips it down. We spend the next 20 mins or so eyeing up what we would like to buy and wishing we had thousands of dollars to spend!
It eventually stops raining so we head out of the shops and to the buses.

Now I feel I must apologise to anyone who stays at the same resort as me or anyone who flies on the same plane as me, no matter if I am staying in a hotel, heading to an airport gate or getting a bus at Disney, we are always the furthest away and the bus today is no different, so sorry for the extra walking time everyone!

We are back in the room for half 3 and I know if we sit down we won’t be getting back up, so we decide to head to Walmart and get some bits for the room. $40 later and we have various different drinks, some bagels, cream cheese, 40 bottles of water, some fruit and some snacks including the biggest box of goldfish known to man. Back at the hotel we unpack and enjoy the aircon and rest our feet for a while.

squeezed as much food as possible into the little fridge

For dinner we head to Disney springs, getting the boat is a lovely way to arrive, and I think it’s one of the best forms of transport Disney have. We duck into all the Disney shops and my wife drools over most things in the co-op. I then drool over most things in Ghirardelli and of course take advantage of the free samples. I don’t really like American chocolate, but there is something about theirs that puts it up their with Cadbury.

Blaze is our dinner of choice, we create our own some sort of chicken one for me and meat one for my wife. Of course the pizza is amazing and at $25 not badly priced. Tiredness is kicking in so we head back to the boat and to the hotel, collapsing into bed at around 10 and think we fall asleep in seconds!

Day 2 coming soon!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Magic Kingdom looks glorious in that morning sun in your photos
Old 8 Oct 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving your trip reports!
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great first day

Joan
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
Magic Kingdom looks glorious in that morning sun in your photos
Thank you, to be honest Magic Kingdom would look great in any weather!
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
...I am sandwiched between a pregnant lady and a man desperately trying to balance a stroller...
I'm always amazed that Americans don't stand up and offer seats to people who obviously need them. I saw loads of people standing holding tiny babies (not near to me otherwise I would have stood for them) while small children who could have sat on parent's laps had seats to themselves
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Even though we were on DDP, we went to Walmart on 16th and spent $700 and one cent. I kid you not. Wanted "stuff".
Devastated. Should have followed your lead !
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
...I am sandwiched between a pregnant lady and a man desperately trying to balance a stroller...
I'm always amazed that Americans don't stand up and offer seats to people who obviously need them. I saw loads of people standing holding tiny babies (not near to me otherwise I would have stood for them) while small children who could have sat on parent's laps had seats to themselves
Ah, I'm glad to say I had a much different experience to this Coming home from the parks we never had seats, but my 5 year old was always offered one and usually by Americans.
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Even though we were on DDP, we went to Walmart on 16th and spent $700 and one cent. I kid you not. Wanted "stuff".
Devastated. Should have followed your lead !
What! what did you buy? thats probably our shopping budget for the year! haha
Old 11 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ravenwing View Post
Ah, I'm glad to say I had a much different experience to this Coming home from the parks we never had seats, but my 5 year old was always offered one and usually by Americans.
That's good, I didn't really see any seat offering when we were around, one thing that did really grind me was when the scooters were loaded they already take up 3 seats, but then the rider decides not to sit in it and takes another seat on the bus, so 4 seats are out of action.