Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Dec 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

How do you get to DLP cheap?

I’m considering an AP but will only work out if travel to France is cheap how do you guys do it and what’s the cost? I’m going Christmas Eve and the flights return were £40 pp which is a bargain .
Trying to make sure I dont jump into AP then regret it as transport is expensive

Edited at 09:12 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

It depends where you plan to travel from and when you want to go really. If you can be flexible and avoid school holidays then you can get some good deals either by flying or on the Eurostar. The cheapest Eurostar deals appear when they release sale tickets for the next three months and you can get a return from £29 each way, although you will have to go via Gare du Nord. Direct to DLP or via Lille don't get included in the sale and start from around £39 each way.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Cheapest is probably coach. Best would be live near euro station and pounce on the cheap tickets.

Depending on your car you could drive/ferry/toll

The killer in dlp is food. You could spend 100 a day in food alone without too much effort.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We went via Lille and it was pretty cheap. If you stay off site and buy sandwiches to take into the parks then you can make it a cheap trip.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We fly from Liverpool everytime and have never paid more than £80 return for a sneaky weekend every couple of months.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
We fly from Liverpool everytime and have never paid more than £80 return for a sneaky weekend every couple of months.
We are flying from Liverpool on Tuesday
That’s good to hear. How do you transfer to DLP.Im getting a shuttle but not sure this is the best way
Old 22 Dec 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Transfers are similarly priced. TGV is about 20eu each. Magic shuttle is similar and a pre booked shared taxi near enough the same. I.e. look between 30 an 40eu for 2 adults.

The problem is, TGV wasnt running when we landed, we had already booked a taxi so were covered. TGV is the quickest option but our taxi took less than an hour.

Since the difference is a few coffees I usually look at most convenient (in other words, not the magic shuttle) and take my flask in the park!

Edited at 07:29 AM.
Old 22 Dec 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Transfers are similarly priced. TGV is about 20eu each. Magic shuttle is similar and a pre booked shared taxi near enough the same. I.e. look between 30 an 40eu for 2 adults.

The problem is, TGV wasnt running when we landed, we had already booked a taxi so were covered. TGV is the quickest option but our taxi took less than an hour.

Since the difference is a few coffees I usually look at most convenient (in other words, not the magic shuttle) and take my flask in the park!
We booked a private shuttle for 5 and it is €135 return. I’m just weighing up AP and if I can get there reasonable it might be a good option as the upgrade cost doesn’t seem too bad. I think I have been spoilt with these flights at £40pp but we are stuck to school hols!
Can you get hot water in the park for you’re flask? I’m taking sachets of coffee to save €

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

I havent asked for hot water. I fill a trusty couple of flasks (old military aladdin flasks) in the morning and use herbal tea and hot choc sachets.

135 return will be cheaper than tgv return and cheaper as magic shuttle (assuming 2A3C @23eu/10eu)

Edited at 02:08 PM.
Old 22 Dec 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Check out RS Transports shared shuttle, much cheaper than other transfers and they are fine.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List