Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Feb 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

Animation Experience Animal Kingdom

Hi

Has anyone done this drawing/animatin class in AK. I think my dd will absolutely love it and we completely missed this area of the park on our last trip!

I see that you can book a fast pass for it, but is it necessary?

I wondered if we just showed up, if it's more than likely we'll get a space in the next session, or is it usually very popular? We are going in August

Thanks
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Yes we did it last October. We loved it and will do it again in August if it’s still available. I’m not sure you need a FastPass although we did have one to make sure we got in. We got the train over to Rafikis planet watch. It was a great way to spend an hour or two, we also loved meeting the goats!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks Kat, we spent 2 days at AK on our last trip and I never knew the train existed until I looked at the map on MDE last week!

Think I will try to plan a FP in for this if possible, but dh and dd2 love the rides...or does anyone know if it's one of those that is usually left over on the day for a 4th pass (wishful thinking!)
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked Fp last Aug, you can queue up but you may/may not get it depending on how busy it is.. It does hold quite a few people though. Will probably book one for next trip, can always cancel.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi 👋🏻 This is something we are planning on doing as I believe dd(8) will love it. I think I read on here previously that fast pass will get in first and therefore are closer to the front which may be more beneficial for younger children. We are going to fast pass it I think because I know we’ll be disappointed if we can’t do it.
Old 24 Feb 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

My daughter and I are really looking forward to this, having done some of the animation tutorials on youtube. I booked a FP for the same reason quoted above: I don't want to take a chance and miss out on the experience in case standby lines are very long, and my daughter (10) is rather small for her age and would benefit from a seat at the front. The whole area and train was closed for refurbishment when we were visiting last year, so we're looking forward to exploring the conservation area.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It stops during lunch so just check the times when you arrive before getting on the train , it’s fab btw but quite fast paced.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
It stops during lunch so just check the times when you arrive before getting on the train , it’s fab btw but quite fast paced.
I think I'm going to miss the pause button
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Really loved it last year. I did one without a FP and two with as they do different classes throughout the day (ended up with 3 different drawings over the 7 day trip). FPs get let in first so you end up closer to the front but there isn't really a bad seat. There also seemed to be space for everyone that wanted to do it so I guess on a busy day there might not be but on the days I went it was fine. I guess it depends on whether you would want to risk not being able to get in or not? Fast pass at least means you know you will get to do it whereas I guess there's a chance they will turn you away if not. They have around 5 rows of about 10 seats per half so maybe 100 people per animation class (complete guess mind at numbers here).
Old 26 Feb 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

We had an ‘any experience’ fast pass from earlier in the day and thought we’d use that if we needed a fast pass for this - we didn’t need one but they also said they weren’t set up to accept the multi experience fast passes so just don’t bank on that if you get one.

Like others said, fast passes get you in the front but we were further back and the CM sat us on the centre aisle so the five year old (and his two short accompanying adults ) could see everything fine.

Really love this experience. I could stay in there all day to be honest.

mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List