Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

November..

Tell me about November people..

Considering November 2022, what’s the weather usually like? Warm enough to swim? Warm enough for shorts and t-shirt around the parks? Most importantly.. what are November crowds usually like, when in November is better?

In regards to crowds, I know it will be hard to judge now due to Covid.. but what have previous years pre Covid been like?

Thanks,
Gav
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lau-nicole
Excited about Disney

I’ve been in November and loved it.

We had nice warm day’s, low to mid 20s and barely any rain. We had a few days by the pool and it was warm enough to sunbathe. It gets a little chilly at night though. If you go early enough in November you’ll get to see the Halloween and the Christmas decorations at Disney! 😊

Crowds were average (lowest I’ve seen is late August/early September).

I would avoid thanksgiving weekend and the week following though it gets crazy busy around that time.

Edited at 10:56 PM.
Lau-nicole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've mostly gone end Oct begining Nov always had nice weather warm and dry not very humid been to water parks mostly been in shorts and t shirts but might need a jumper/hoodie for a night and you can get a cold day if a cold front comes in
Christmas starts Nov so you get the benefit of Christmas decs and if you want Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Always my favourite time to go I would get pool heat if staying in a villa if you don't like a cold pool though
Our last trip was Nov 2018 avoid Marathon weekend if they are up and running again as that was a very busy time Parks were heaving
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Agree with all of the above. November weather is much more manageable and less stifling than the summer months. We usually visit in November/December every year, but last year switched to September and it was too hot and exhausting.

However, Thanksgiving is a major U.S. holiday in the last week of November and it does get extremely busy. If you can avoid it, do so. Most of the crowd calendars point to the 2nd and 3rd week of Novenber to be the best time to visit.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooooh this sounds good... we’re thinking of last week of October and first week of November 2021
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Love visiting November time. Warm during day and need a jumper for night time. Crowds not to bad. Best part of it is seeing Disney at Christmas . We are going this November hopefully
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
anstee33
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We normally go this time & love it. Usually in the 20’s in the day but chillier in the evening when you will need a jacket/hoodie. Very little rain if any. Last year we had quite a few chilly days where we needed a jacket & maybe a pair of jeans, although my husband was still in shorts. Still able to go in our villas heated pool though.
We usually fly out on Thanksgiving ( the third Thursday in November.) Very busy in the parks on Thanksgiving & up to the Sunday after that but then the crowds decrease by quite a lot.usually quite small waits for rides except for the most popular ones ( mainly big coasters & some of the rides in the Magic Kingdom) Stay away from the shops on Black Friday,it’s manic. There are shopping deals to be had all the time so no rush there.
It’s a fab time with all the Xmas decks & extra Christmas shows, we love it.
anstee33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sashadog View Post
Ooooh this sounds good... we’re thinking of last week of October and first week of November 2021
That's just the best time imo you get all the Halloween decorations followed by Christmas 😀
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went end October to early November last year (went there for the Wine and Dine half marathon weekend).

Weather wise it was pretty great. The first week was incredibly hot - as hot and humid as summer to be honest. It got a bit cooler just in time for the half marathon weekend - my running records from that weekend tell me it was around 18-22 °C in the early morning 1-3 November last year. Then the week after that was a little warmer than that but not as hot as the first week I was there.

In terms of festivities (all pre-COVID) - Halloween season runs until 1 November (the last MNSSHP). MK then magically transforms almost overnight from Halloween to Christmas decorations, and parks start getting Christmas decorations up. Christmas season officially started 8 November last year with MVMCP and other seasonal events at DHS/AK. Epcot was a bit later though as I think they were still in Food and Wine mode at that time.

Oh and Epcot Food and Wine is running throughout, so a lot of fun dishes to try at Epcot during that time period too!

Just be aware that Wine and Dine half marathon weekend falls during that time too, so you might get lots of runners and families in the parks. That being said, the races start at crazy early hours of the morning, so most runners go to bed early - not sure if this impacts how crowded the parks are at night though...