Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Mar 13, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Back To The Future

Why is it Back To The Future films are always on the tv but Universal got rid of the ride?
Our 2 boys (11 and 6) love the films, I wish the ride was still there so they could experience it.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Yeah I liked it aswell, but daughter never got to try it,

Along with Honey I shrank the audience, at disney?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Back in 1999 on our honeymoon we rode back to the future. That was the moment I discovered I had horrendous motion sickness on simulator rides lol. Rode it with my baseball cap over my mouth and worrying I was about to barf on the family in front :/. Then spent 15 mins lying on the grass afterwards trying to recover lol. Needless to say I don't miss that particular ride. Shame it has gone tho my son would love it .
Old 1 Apr 13, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
robitay
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Why is it Back To The Future films are always on the tv but Universal got rid of the ride?
Our 2 boys (11 and 6) love the films, I wish the ride was still there so they could experience it.
It was getting a bit old and tired, Harry Potter Land... sorry I mean Universal have got rid of many classics, Jaws been the latest to go. I guess Terminator and Jurassic Park could be the next
robitay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
These old rides are just what they are - OLD

Jaws, Terminator, Jurassic Park, Twister, Disaster (fitting name) - all past it to be honest in my opinion.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post

I miss Back to the Future too! :'( They're some of my favourite movies. And i really hope they don't ever get rid of Jurassic park... in fact i hope they make it bigger. Come on, is there anything cooler than dinosaurs!?
Old 1 Apr 13, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
indie2312
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OCDisney View Post
I miss Back to the Future too! :'( They're some of my favourite movies. And i really hope they don't ever get rid of Jurassic park... in fact i hope they make it bigger. Come on, is there anything cooler than dinosaurs!?
Can't remember the back to future ride but I went on it years ago...couldn't agree more though Jurassic park one if best rides there imo but disaster and twister need to go too boring for me!
indie2312 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
They didn't get rid of the BttF ride. They just rethemed it as a Simpsons ride.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

If you see all of the pre show, you will see that Doc Brown was about to sign a new lease on the ride, when Professor Frink arrives from the Future and runs Doc Brown over, so Universal sign the deal with him... I think thats how it was shown
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
StarWarsJez
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We loved the BTTF ride but unfortunately Universal has real space limitations so it had to make way. Same with King Kong and Jaws - both of which were real fun.

I agree with the comments about Disaster (prev Earthquake) and Twister - both of those are really lame but don't seem to be in key locations. I think that's the only thing saving them.

I also disagree that Jurassic Park is dull. I can think of a lot of rides that should be phased out before that. Its a moot point anyway since there's no chance they'll replace it with a new JP movie in the works.
StarWarsJez is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread