Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 14 Oct 17, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Vita
Excited about Disney

Walmart near universal?. Satnav sent us on wild goose chase

We are staying at cabana bay and tried to go to the Walmart on turkey lake road. First off the sat nav took us right out of the hotel then on i4 then around the housesetc. When it said " at your destination " Walmart was on our right but we were on a motorway and there was another road running adjacent with Walmart on it! Couldn't work out how to get there?!

Surely it can't be that difficult because if we turn right out of our hotel and drive for a couple of minutes we come to the turkey lake road junction... just not sure if we need to be travelling left or right on it? Any help would be appreciated x
WDW ... October 2017

Edited at 12:04 PM.
Bella Vita is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When you come out of the hotel turn left (right takes you to I4). At the T junction turn left (right takes you to Universal RPR etc). At the next T junction turn left. You are now on Turkey Lake Road and on the right road. You will drive past the back of the hotel and Volcano Bay (both on left). A couple of miles down this road you will reach your Walmart.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Head to the junction with sand lake road where the shopping centre with Whole Food is.
You head down (towards Disney) and it’s on the right.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Head to the junction with sand lake road where the shopping centre with Whole Food is.
You head down (towards Disney) and it’s on the right.
Unfortunately that doesn't work for Cabana Bay. If you exit right from Cabana Bay you are effectively on the slip road to join the I4 West bound. But the I4 exit for SandLake Road is just before the Cabana Bay (You go under the exit) and when you join the I4 you cannot come off until Seaworld. Happened to me the first time I thought I'd use it to go to Sandlake road from there.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Vita
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Fredflintstone thank you... will try today enroute to checking in at Disney x
WDW ... October 2017
Bella Vita is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Where is Cabana Bay ? Did it used to be called something else ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
No it has always had the name and was built a few years ago. It is wedged between Volcano Bay and the Sapphire Universal Hotel (another new one) which in turn is next door to Royal Pacific. The Cabana Bay actually backs onto the back of the parks (Island of Adventure) but you cannot see it because of the fencing and trees.
Old 15 Oct 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
Unfortunately that doesn't work for Cabana Bay. If you exit right from Cabana Bay you are effectively on the slip road to join the I4 West bound. But the I4 exit for SandLake Road is just before the Cabana Bay (You go under the exit) and when you join the I4 you cannot come off until Seaworld. Happened to me the first time I thought I'd use it to go to Sandlake road from there.
I wouldn’t go anywhere near the i4. You can leave Universal directly onto turkey lake road.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 17, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I wouldn’t go anywhere near the i4. You can leave Universal directly onto turkey lake road.
Maybe a misunderstanding on your comment around Sandlake and if so I apologise. I thought you were mentioning how they could have corrected themsleves on their route which they had taken going onto the I4 (If you exit right out of the Cabana Bay you have to go on the I4). This is they way I went the first time I was heading there thinking I could come off at Sandlake road only like them to see I could not do it as I'd missed the exit.

As for Universal direct onto Turkey Lake Road. You are probably correct for walkers however for those in the parking lot they will need to go on Vineland or Hollywood Way to drive from Universal to get to Turkey Lake Road. My directions were from the Cabana Bay entrance where you need to turn out of the hotel left go left onto Hollywood way and then left onto Turkey lake road. Then no need to reference Sandlake or any shops as Walmart would be on your right in a few mins.

Hopefully it all went well for their trip to Disney today when I believe they were going to stop at Walmart on the way.