Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

Half board choices

Hi. We are hoping to visit in August for 5 nights staying at Davey Crockett ranch. I have done a dummy booking and this includes free HB.
We were there in 2013 and had free half board. If I remember rightly the choices were limited in the restaurants we booked and the children weren’t very impressed.
I can’t remember whether you could pay extra to choose another option than from the set menu.

We were wondering if it is possible to book and exclude the free HB, would it be any cheaper, or is it really free, and the same price whether we use it or not.

Can anyone direct me to a link which shows the menus in DLP restaurants

Thanks in advance.
grannyed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We had the free half board in 2016. I thought it was good because the food is expensive over there.

You can actually eat anywhere and use the vouchers to get cash off your meal so you don’t have to be restricted to the included restaurants. We did this in the Ratatouille restaurant (Chez Remy)and we were going to do it in Annette’s but ended up eating at Billy Bobs instead.

All the places we ate were buffets (except the Ratatouille one). We ate in Billy Bobs which is tex mex and was the kids favourite. Agrabah cafe which we all really enjoyed. And at cafe des stars in the studios which was a fairly typical buffet without a theme as such.

Edited at 07:39 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Menus

disneylandparis/dining/
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

If you’re staying in DCR and getting free HB, it should be the standard plan, which is buffets, not set menus. My children much prefer eating in buffets where they can have whatever they want, so that would suit us perfectly. We did have premium HB at Christmas, but still mainly used our vouchers in buffets (ie Inventions). We've only eaten in a couple of set menu restaurants (paying in cash and my children ended up just picking at little bits, so we definitely prefer buffets.

If you have the standard plan, you can eat in the DCR buffet (if it’s open when you go), Plaza Gardens in the Park (one of our favourites), Agrabah (DH’s favourite), Restaurant des Stars in the Studios, Billy Bob’s in the Village, La Cantina in Santa Fe (another favourite), and Chuck Wagon in Cheyenne.

You can also use your vouchers at cash value in the other Disney restaurants, so the vouchers definitely wouldn’t be worthless to you. The only way to book without getting the free HB would be to look out for a different offer (ie from another country’s DLP website) that doesn’t offer free HB, but does offer free days and nights, or % off, etc.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
grannyed
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you all for your input.
Having read your posts I remember the vouchers now - (mainly because we forgot them on our first evening and DH had to sprint back to Sequoia Lodge to get them) - and we did use them in Walt’s and paid the extra.

The buffets are probably the way to go for us. Can the vouchers be used for snacks etc..

If I remember rightly the breakfast is continental style, can this also be taken in the parks. We stayed in Sequia Lodge five years ago and had breakfast there each morning.

Sorry for all of the questions.
grannyed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Unfortunately the vouchers can only be used for meals not snacks.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
antiguaman
Imagineer

antiguaman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sorry to jump in on this, currently considering an April deal with Half Board Plus option (more restaurants to choose from as I understand it) at Sequoia Lodge

Can anyone tell me can you book restaurants in advance of travel?
21/05/09 - 28/05/09 Sharm El Sheikh to unwind
22/08/09 - 04/09/09 The Fairways of Villamoura FORE !
16/08/10 - 05/09/10 The Big O Lake Davenport Estate 3 Weeks more Magic
30/01/11 - 06/02/11 Back on the White Stuff, El Tarter Andorra - sorted for Ski's and Whizz
antiguaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

There's a Freephone number you can use to make reservations - got the number from here so thanks to Dibbers!

0800 085 0671, press 2 for English
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by antiguaman View Post
Sorry to jump in on this, currently considering an April deal with Half Board Plus option (more restaurants to choose from as I understand it) at Sequoia Lodge

Can anyone tell me can you book restaurants in advance of travel?
You can, 60 days in advance.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

DD and I are going in June and I’ve booked the Marvel Signature package with HB. Having never done HB before, I didn’t have a clue. Thanks to this thread I now know. So
I’m off to look at restaurants and work out when my 60 day date it! Thanks all.
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List