Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 1 Aug 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Dubai and Japan Summer 2018 Day 2

So it is official... we have definitely entered the teenage twilight of terror. How long does this stage last? I’m guessing longer than a 3 week vacation!

So the day started with, “Good Morning DS12”(which I’ve now decided stands for devil and not dear😂 ). How can a simple morning be met with anything other than good morning? Well it was. I’m not sure why he was so grumpy.. he has his phone... he has WiFi. Therefore he can do his ‘streaks’ (whatever that means.. I do know it’s an essential part of being a teenager) so therefore his world hasn’t imploded so I’m just putting it down to being almost 13. He’s quite clearly practicing! 😂

Anyway.. DS9 woke up much brighter this morning and we headed down to breakfast about 8. I was super tired (as I am now) as I didn’t sleep very well for various reasons. 1. I was worrying about the cameras. 2. I have come out in a lovely case of hives that even anti allergy medication hasn’t touched.3. A touch of jet lag.

Doesn’t my rash look lovely? It inches like mad!

After our breakfast of various food from around the world, we headed to
Aquaventure. Well the debate of Typhoon Lagpon v Blizzard Beach has now been put to bed. Well at least in this house as we are all agreed that Aquaventure is the best water park we’ve been to. There are two family raft rides, river rapids which are really fast flowing rapid like lazy river and another one which gets waves pushing you along.
There were also rides similar to crush n grusher in Orlando. But these were way more intense. We just had lots of fun all day. It cost 36 UAE in s taxi and a further 75 UAE for a locker. By about half past two we were all shattered and decided to head back for the day. One thing you must remember is to bring swim shoes. The ground is unbearable. Significantly hotter than in Florida and with no sprays of water to cool you down the pavements were unbearable!
No pics today of inside the park as I left my phone at the hotel.

As I’m struggling to stay awake to write this, I’m going to finish the day tomorrow and tell you all about how where we ended up for tea!
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

I came out in almost the same type of rash in Dubai caused by really thick sun cream. Apparently it's because sweat is trapped between your skin and the waterproof cream. If you are using cream, see if you can get some high factor spray. It made a real difference to me
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aliloo View Post
I came out in almost the same type of rash in Dubai caused by really thick sun cream. Apparently it's because sweat is trapped between your skin and the waterproof cream. If you are using cream, see if you can get some high factor spray. It made a real difference to me
I’ve used a factor 50 clear spray.. I thought it was an allergy to a curry I’d eaten on the plane as sometimes I have reactions to spicy food but it’s worse now so I’m guessing it’s not. Did you get it anywhere else or just your arms?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Toally agree - just back from Atlantis the palm for ten nights. Much preferred the waterpark to Disneys
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Aliloo
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I’ve used a factor 50 clear spray.. I thought it was an allergy to a curry I’d eaten on the plane as sometimes I have reactions to spicy food but it’s worse now so I’m guessing it’s not. Did you get it anywhere else or just your arms?
I had it on my arms and chest... really itchy and ended up being really dry too. Lots of moisturising helped.
Aliloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

The one thing that the boys did miss was a proper wave pool. I think then they would have found it perfect!

We finally managed to go out for tea and we had a wander along through the shops at the side of the beach to here.

And there was no 45 minute wait! Bonus!

We were seated immediately and had fresh warm bread brought to our table. Which having not eaten since breakfast we devoured!

Being creatures of habit we all got similar meals to what we normally do. Chicken nuggets, burgers, spaghetti and meatballs. Best burger I’ve had in a while!

We barely had room for cheesecake but I wasn’t leaving without any! I desperately wanted the red velvet but we decided to share so it will have to wait for another time.
Me and DS9 opted for the white chocolate raspberry and DS12 and Simon got the cookie dough.

We were thar stuffed that we couldn’t eat it all!

Including drinks the bill came to 340 ish UAE.

Tummies full and feeling very sleepy we headed back to the room for a very early night!

I did take some photos as we walked.

Old 2 Aug 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day, thanks for all the info - we are really looking forward to our Dubai trip next month!
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
charly77
Very Serious Dibber

Yum! Your rash looks like prickly heat, hope it disappeared quickly...
charly77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List