Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
KLouise
I want to go now!

Mobile Booking on site for a party of 10

Hi, we are planning a stay at PO riverside for a party of 10, 3 rooms. Have stayed on site as a family of 4 several times and found booking to be easy. But this time not sure how booking for 10 people will work. What are the advantages/disadvantages of booking as a group and booking under 3 seperate bookings? How does room, dinner, fast passes work when booking for a large party, and what if we wish to book different fp's/dinners? Help would be appreciated.
KLouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We are a party of 8 with two rooms. We are getting two $200 gift cards so that’s an advantage! I’m the planner so I have added two bookings onto my MDE app so I can book us all the same fastpasses and I will book some dining reservations. When it comes to using our meal credits I’m just going to ask the server to take off 4 for us from my magic band and 4 from the other room with one of their magic bands. I’m assuming this won’t be a problem. Charging to the room will be separate and other room can go to front desk and pay off whatever they spend etc.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella Vita
Excited about Disney

We are a party of 10 too and have now had 2 fab holidays to WDW. Both times we have stayed at Port Orleans riverside in 3 separate rooms. We do all book separately though - the advantage of this for us was that each family (3 of) received the $100\150 gift card each otherwise we would have only received one! Every little helps.

We sent an email quoting all 3 booking refs requesting rooms in close proximity which was granted. We were 3 rooms in a ro first holiday and random picked on second trip but all in same block.

You can then all link your online accounts and book reservations and fast passes for all 10 of you. This also works for the photopass
WDW ... October 2017

Edited at 09:56 AM.
Bella Vita is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella Vita
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
We are a party of 8 with two rooms. We are getting two $200 gift cards so that’s an advantage! I’m the planner so I have added two bookings onto my MDE app so I can book us all the same fastpasses and I will book some dining reservations. When it comes to using our meal credits I’m just going to ask the server to take off 4 for us from my magic band and 4 from the other room with one of their magic bands. I’m assuming this won’t be a problem. Charging to the room will be separate and other room can go to front desk and pay off whatever they spend etc.
When the server comes to your table to settle up the bill they scan a magic band from each family and you just say how many adults and children. Some restaurants done split bills for the extras not included in the plan but others got funny because the tip for 10 people groups is more than e families individually... not enough for us to worry about it
WDW ... October 2017
Bella Vita is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
KLouise
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thanks both. That sounds simpler than what I expected. I'm holding out for 2020 ddp deal. So it's the same with fast passes I presume, you can book the group if you link the bookings on the app, but each can still book own fast passes?
KLouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella Vita
Excited about Disney

Were a year after you!
Yes exactly right for fast passes you get to select which ones in your party for each fast pass... so for us the men and older children done the fast rides and the mums and younger children either character meet and greets or shows. Or if a family decides to go to a different park they can pick relevant fast passes
WDW ... October 2017
Old 7 Apr 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
KLouise
I want to go now!

Mobile

Thanks. That's how I'll approach it then. Loads to organise but it'll be worth it.