Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Yes the discount has been sent to American guests.
I'm hopeful we will get something similar - if we get 35% off our room part then I would be happy with that and that will cover food for our trip. We are only 2 adults, so I expect it's harder if you have children.

I do wonder if they will make any adjustments to tickets as we clearly will not get an unlimited experience anymore. It's not a deal breaker for me, but would be nice!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Grumps Mrs
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Those figures look similar to our number crunching too. The 35% discount off next years room rate brings the cost down to almost the same as this year but without the free dining.
2 bed at SSR for this year approx £500/night.
2 bed SSR for next year £710/night discount that by 35% brings the room rate down to £496, but then you need to pay for dining . There's no way 5 of us could eat for £4 per day!
Grumps Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
fleur_charms
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

According to this article (though I hate to use them as a source) American guests with a free dining plan booked are getting the 35% reduction in price on their existing booking wdwnt/2020/05/walt-disne...ily-suspended/
fleur_charms is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
? You mean slightly less than £1000 more I take it?

I’ve seen various similar posts- looks like prices are going to go through the roof next year if what I have seen is anything to go by. But I think it will be economy specific, if there’s a bad recession they’ll cut prices. If no recession but still reduced capacity then prices could go higher, especially if onsite is the only way to guarantee a room?
I think they mean £100 more after the 35% discount if it’s offered for UK.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by spongebob10 View Post
I’ve seen on the Coronado Springs Facebook page that US customers have been offered 35% off of their existing booking to compensate for the loss of their free dining plan. Hoping to receive a similar email next week!
Yes, I’ve seen someone in the US post that they received this email regarding DDP. It definitely reads as if it applies to the current booking, whereas the announcement from yesterday sounded like it was only for rebooking.

“We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.”
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Do you know if it’s 35% off the cost of the room or 35% off the entire booking? The first wouldn’t quite cover the cost of the dining plan for me but the second would...
They said it would just be 35% off the room portion, not the entire booking.
Old 30 May 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

The link reads 35% off your current room portion of your bill. I hate that we have lost the dining plan but this reduction would still cover our food costs, just!
I wish we knew if this will be offered to us though. We are I understand a tiny portion of their visitors so part of me hopes that want to keep face in the International community they'll give us a great offer because it won't cost them mega bucks 😂
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

? You mean slightly less than £1000 more I take it?

I’ve seen various similar posts- looks like prices are going to go through the roof next year if what I have seen is anything to go by. But I think it will be economy specific, if there’s a bad recession they’ll cut prices. If no recession but still reduced capacity then prices could go higher, especially if onsite is the only way to guarantee a room?
Sorry I meant that if I rebooked and got 35% discount.
Old 30 May 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

UK guests are addicted to free dining deals, with good reason. I’m DVC and only about 20% of DVC owners (source, I once did a poll on a DVC group and we had 600+ votes) would buy a dining plan. Simple reason being it’s not good value, and you end up eating more than you usually would just to get your perceived ‘value’. Obviously not as much as a factor when it’s ‘free’ (and I’ve done the free plan myself when the deals were amazing).
If you don’t get free DDP I certainly would not pay for it, but pay OOP. What you’ll likely find is you will modify your behaviours, and probably spend a lot less than you think. If you go a lot it becomes a lot more relaxing for many not having to tear around for ADRs and eat more quick serve for example, you might find you like it.
Of course lots more quick serve may be a necessity anyway given restaurants could be at significantly reduced capacity.
Old 30 May 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

UK guests are addicted to free dining deals, with good reason. I’m DVC and only about 20% of DVC owners (source, I once did a poll on a DVC group and we had 600+ votes) would buy a dining plan. Simple reason being it’s not good value, and you end up eating more than you usually would just to get your perceived ‘value’. Obviously not as much as a factor when it’s ‘free’ (and I’ve done the free plan myself when the deals were amazing).
If you don’t get free DDP I certainly would not pay for it, but pay OOP. What you’ll likely find is you will modify your behaviours, and probably spend a lot less than you think. If you go a lot it becomes a lot more relaxing for many not having to tear around for ADRs and eat more quick serve for example, you might find you like it.
Of course lots more quick serve may be a necessity anyway given restaurants could be at significantly reduced capacity.
Agree 100%.
We hate rushing, we eat loads of times in our Villa at OKW.
Eat off site more and more with the ease of Uber and Lyft.
And hate planning and booking ADR, it's a pain and restrictive.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List