Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Has anyone heard from disney yet regarding their booking specifically? All my ADRs, my lightsabre and droid experiences and my free dining are still showing on the app.

I really just want to know to make a decision and book something else. Universal hotels have extended their offer to 30th June but we are thinking about a villa depending on the terms.
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had a Gurgling Suitcase Cocktail Party yesterday, well 2 of us did! Planning our fingers crossed Adult only trip. We can happily spend our days chilling and strolling, we "reviewed" our favourite bars, has to be said we'd a few Turtle Krawls so my memory may be clouded.

Hope we get there, stay positive!

1) Gurgling Suitcase OKW..our local!
2) Belle Vue Lounge Boardwalk..finishing off a long day on the balcony with beers and Port. Tim the bar host been there forever.
3) Big River Boardwalk. The perfect afternoon watch the world go by bar. Not one of the beers isn't worth a good test.
4) House of Blues Downtown. Our first night must, front for music, back for chilling.
5)Trader Sam's Tiki Poly. Our favourite on the Monrail Crawl
6) Margarita Bar Mexico. Away from the madness, Margaritas are brilliant.
7) Nomad Longe AK. Again a haven from the madness on the deck, we spent all afternoon there last year (and a fortune!)
8) Base Line Tap House HS. Let everyone rush through the tunnel to Star Wars Land, we'll stay here thanks@
9) Raglan Road Downtown. Got to have a Guinness!
10) Crews Cup Yacht Club. Another on the Boardwalk Pub Crawl, love it.
11) I'l Mulino Lounge SnD. The boss's favourite stop for Prosecco!
12)Edison Downtown. The downstairs balcony at lunchtime
13) Margarita Bar Downtown. Chilling listening to music.
14) Roost at Riverside. No 1 when Yeha Bob Jacksons on!
15) Mizners at GF. Love the welcome we get here although the nibbles leave a lot to be desired! Closed last year though

Loads more, best of all though is our balcony at OKW and Landshark and Cocktail mixes in the Fridge. 6231 best balcony on the resort.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

I’m feeling better today! If the flights are going we will probably reduce Disney time and book something else for a week of the 3 weeks we are there. We’ve travelled about in Fl before - done the keys, miami, ft lauderdale, Naples and they’ve all be absolutely beautiful. So many other things to appreciate in the area than just Disney. Just need to work out how we get my parents from Orlando airport to Tampa as we’re flying into different airports and we have the car!
Old 30 May 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by cd900 View Post
I’m feeling better today! If the flights are going we will probably reduce Disney time and book something else for a week of the 3 weeks we are there. We’ve travelled about in Fl before - done the keys, miami, ft lauderdale, Naples and they’ve all be absolutely beautiful. So many other things to appreciate in the area than just Disney. Just need to work out how we get my parents from Orlando airport to Tampa as we’re flying into different airports and we have the car!
Uber or Lyft? Probably about $100?
Great service with both, use them loads over the last few years.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Good to see the positivity is still about .
I know there are always a few who seem to revel in doom and gloom but thankfully this thread seems to have evaded them.
Hope everyone gets some clarity soon and if anything people may discover gems they didn’t know existed on their different kind of “Disney” trip
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Who did you book through?
I’ve been looking at the same offer and it’s direct with Universal.

I just need to figure out how much medical insurance would cost, as I don’t think ours would cover us if we change hotels from our original booking. (It looks like we’d be covered for our first 5 days as we had already booked Universal prior to our insurance cut-off date, but presumably not after that.)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cd900 View Post
What will you do about medical insurance? I’m tempted to do the same, but not sure how much extra it will cost for the insurance.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We have just booked a week at Universal in Portofino rather than the full Disney holiday. (Full refund up to 24hrs in advance if you book at the moment) Not done universal for 4 years so really looking forward to that now. 😊.
Who have you got insurance with? Tempted to do this, but our insurance won’t cover us for anything new booked, and I’m not sure how to just add medical insurance for that portion of the trip, or if it’s even possible!
Old 30 May 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I’ve been looking at the same offer and it’s direct with Universal.

I just need to figure out how much medical insurance would cost, as I don’t think ours would cover us if we change hotels from our original booking. (It looks like we’d be covered for our first 5 days as we had already booked Universal prior to our insurance cut-off date, but presumably not after that.)
Is that the US Universal site? I've been on the UK one and it gives a list of companies to book it through, all the usual suspects.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
What will you do about medical insurance? I’m tempted to do the same, but not sure how much extra it will cost for the insurance.
I’ve not completely worked this out yet but my flights would still be the same. Need to look at the policy wording again but would think that if the flights/destination remain the same then I have a good argument that we should all be covered for medical.