Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 14, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
antiguaman
Imagineer

antiguaman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Automated passport control goes live at MCO

Looks like the route through immigration and to Disney will finally be speeded up with the introduction and go live of automated passport control at MCO yesterday

Anyone tried it
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/northamerica/usa/10651825/Airport-passport-queues-cut-in-US-with-revolutionary-system.html

Edited at 07:59 AM.
antiguaman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Chortle
Getting Excited

We fly to MCO a week on Saturday. Have two small kids but as previous visitors, it looks as though we as a family can use the kiosks after all. Seems the kids passports will just be checked at the final check.

If I understand this correctly then good news indeed. Hate the arrival process after such a long day/flight!
Chortle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

This will be great if it does speed things up. We went in October with 2 young kids and the worst thing about the whole journey was the immigration security process!
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jimboy2
Apprentice Imagineer

Do you need a new type passport to use this.? We had finger prints scanned last year I hate the whole immigration process so this will be nice!

DLP June 2017 Kyrad
Orlando February 2018 Celebration
jimboy2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm sure they have these in Manchester airport now. I remember on the way back from Florida last year the had these little booths that you stood in, you put your passport in the scanner, the camera takes a pic then the gates open and let you through? Sorry I know that was really thecnical. Lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We saw those in MCO on our trip in November ,think when they are in operation you will have had to have used the usual passport control system once so they have your information (finger print,etc ) stored.

Let's hope they speed up the process so everyone can get to the Magic quicker
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Some on this thread have...

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=753776
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kateg28
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Chortle View Post
Hate the arrival process after such a long day/flight!
I recommend you do not visit Mumbai then.

To give you an idea (same flight duration), it once took nearly two hours to go through passport control and that was when leaving and flying home! And then another hour for security. Quickest I have ever done the entire process either entering the Country or leaving is 1.5 hours.

I hear of complaints about MCO on here but think I might be one of the few people who sees it as almost quick
Kateg28 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rudie
Trainee Dibber

Just in time.
Rudie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 14, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I've read about this before, but in this article it says age 13 then 14 so confusing and thinking great as last time we were stood for sooo long with 2 small children who didn't really want to stand still for that long after being couped up for so long so not a pleasant experience at all :-(. But now remember my dad is coming and hasn't been to America since 1991 so couldn't do it, we couldn't all swan through and leave him in the que :-( booo.

Bummer :-( ah well hopefully plenty do it so we will get through quicker... fingers x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread