Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

How much to pack

Looking for advice on how much to pack please. We're onsite at AKL for 2 weeks and aren't adverse to doing a wash when we're there. It's me, DW and DS x 2 (10&8).

Its tops, pants and socks we're not sure of. Considering...
7 t shirts/ tops, 7 undies and 7 socks each and wash halfway through (maybe have to do 2 depending on timing)
10 shirts/ undies and socks and definitely wash once, but can do it early hols
Or 14 of everything and not do a wash.

What does everyone else do?
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

We always do at least one wash. I pack a universal case with just universal tees which isn't intended to be washed, and a Disney case with 1/2 the number of outfits we need, we spend a lazy afternoon (couple of hours) at the hotel doing a wash before heading back to the parks. Just remember that less you pack, the more you can bring home 😁 x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluto201
Trying for More Ears

Pluto201's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We take enough for 10 days and then I spend an afternoon doing some washing while kids are in the pool. Find it too much stuff to take for 2 weeks.
Pluto201 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

The laundry room at AKL is really close to the pool, handy for a bit of washing! I tend to do a wash one evening halfway through the trip.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We wash every other day. However my Wife still took 12 pairs of sandals and probably 20 tops from Next plus a load of strappy tops and 7 dresses.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
swan
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We wash every other day. However my Wife still took 12 pairs of sandals and probably 20 tops from Next plus a load of strappy tops and 7 dresses.
12 pairs of sandals? !
I take the ones I'm wearing travelling(which I don' t wear over there) & a pair of flip flops.
I could travel with hand luggage but need a big case for the return!
swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

We got back this morning, and unpacked our cases this afternoon. None of us wore half the clothes that we'd taken with us

We were in a villa, so it was easy to wash whenever we felt the need, and it dried off on the clothes line in the garage in a matter of hours.

Deb
Old 24 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

I'd go for the 10 day or the 7 with more underwear. It will be hot and you will sweat. The children might get messy, ice cream can melt fast!

You may need more than one outfit per day. We used the afternoon pool time to do laundry, and I did 2 loads over a 2 week holiday.

As Disney has the laundry app, you can see how many machines are available, how long your wash has left to go etc it is bliss not having to get up off the lounger or out the pool to check on laundry progress.
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm cutting down this year, with a view to buying a few new bits / bobs out there and wear them during the hols like t shirts, new trainers. Going to plan for 7 days and wash!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post
I'd go for the 10 day or the 7 with more underwear. It will be hot and you will sweat. The children might get messy, ice cream can melt fast!

You may need more than one outfit per day. We used the afternoon pool time to do laundry, and I did 2 loads over a 2 week holiday.

As Disney has the laundry app, you can see how many machines are available, how long your wash has left to go etc it is bliss not having to get up off the lounger or out the pool to check on laundry progress.
Love the laundry app! Just wish those using the machines would either use it or keep a note of the time the program takes instead of just leaving their washing in the machine or dryer sometimes for a considerable time. Very inconsiderate!