Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 17 Feb 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Important reminder: Pancake day

Hard to believe that a year has whizzed past since I last reminded my dibb family about Pancake day. It's Tuesday next week (25th February), so please support this important event by getting your supplies in.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mickey

It also coincides with our 53rd wedding anniversary.

Good to know for a Yorkshireman that a few pancakes will be nicer than an expensive meal out.

Mick
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

Good to know for a Yorkshireman that a few pancakes will be nicer than an expensive meal out.

Mick
Pancakes always for the win... If I was Joan and you wined and dined me with pancakes... I'd honestly be impressed... Stick with gravy though to stay in my good books... Happy anniversary for next week ❤️💐👏
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

Mick
53, wow, thats alot of batter.

Disney332
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Got my supplies in already as I thought it was this week

Kids have therefore demanded pancakes this week and next week too
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
Got my supplies in already as I thought it was this week

Kids have therefore demanded pancakes this week and next week too
Win win 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

National ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ day ! Can I nominate a few ?

In all serious it this time of year I wish we had ihop over here - I love pancakes but don’t make them as so much hassle, mess and smoke . Will buy some scotch ones from M&S food hall in stead
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My kids make the most amazing American pancakes, got our supply of maple syrup from ds and nearly dil from Canada. The only thing is I’m too fat so can’t have any!
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Think we need a poll to see who prefers thin crepe type ones or thick American ones

I’m American pancakes all the way & for anyone who can’t be bothered making their own Asda to an amazing double chocolate chip pancake 😍
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
Think we need a poll to see who prefers thin crepe type ones or thick American ones

I’m American pancakes all the way & for anyone who can’t be bothered making their own Asda to an amazing double chocolate chip pancake 😍
Well Mickey is the DIBB poll master.

We do thin crepe style. Joan has Golden Syrup but I'm a real lemon and sugar man

Mick