Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Apr 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Travel Company Recommendations for Disney Hotel

Looking to go again next September (just need to convince DH ) and have always booked through Disney Hotels.

However, I noticed some folks last year getting some good prices with other companies but can’t remember who they used. Any suggestions?

Also, the reason I like going direct to Disney is security, am I right in thinking that once you’ve made your booking with a 3rd party, you then get access to MDE etc and your Disney reference number so you can see your booking etc?
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

For me I usually go direct to Disney via Topcashback. Not much of a difference.
There is a DIBB code when you click on the accommodation thread.
Old 1 May 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Attractions ticket direct. Came out cheaper last year for us plus a Dibb discounts
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We used Ever After Holidays who have done a package for us at no extra cost. We have also been able to leave a week accommodation free for us to book our own villa. Their customer service was amazing during the Thomas Cook debacle and is the same now. We had our disney booking reference within days of booking and can access all we need to on MDE.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Honestly, I'd stick to booking direct unless the saving is very significant. I'm thanking my lucky stars I booked direct with Disney in the current situation as they were so easy to deal with and refunded me very quickly.
Old 3 May 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Personally I would always book direct with Disney. I think it’s much easier if there’s a problem.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I’m another one whose vote is for booking directly with Disney.

My experience of having to deal with hotel booking changes comes from Hurricane Irma in 2017 where I didn’t know if I would be able to leave before the hurricane, or if I stayed through the hurricane, if I would need to extend my stay. Spoke to the Pop front desk and their policy then was that if I needed to leave early, I just needed to let them know when I left and they would check me out and refund any unused nights. If I needed to extend my stay, I would need to let them know, but they would be able to do so and were offering a discount off rack rate for extra night for people who needed to do so.

I’m sure a travel agent could have done the same... but it was so much easier to just deal directly with Disney when I was right in the middle of things at that point. Especially since the hotel front desk is open 24 hours a day but a travel agent usually is not. Plus I got a flight out at very short notice so could have been difficult to do last minute changes via a travel agent.
Old 3 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I have always booked directly with Disney and I am another that would most definitely not consider booking via an agent especially in view of the current situation.

I haven’t heard of a single person that has not got their money back very easily from Disney, whereas there are people battling with travel agents to get refund or can’t even reach the TA. That is worth more of me than saving a few pounds.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List