Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
allanahx
Excited about Disney

allanahx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Booking for 2021

So we are looking to book our flights etc for next year (April) but am I a bit worried about whether they will be covered it it all goes titsup again.

Any ideas, suggestions, help?
Toronto, Detroit and Las VegasMay 2016
Hyatt at MCO, DCL Disney Dream and Disney POR and Lowes Pacific Resort September 2016
Explorers Hotel DLP March 2017
Kryaid DLP December 2017
Sunset Ridge Villa and Miami - the month July 2018
allanahx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

I can't see any secure way to book for next year as Travel insurance won't cover for Coronavirus at the moment. So in my view until they do we think it is too big a risk to take. The thought of getting out there and racking up US medical bills fills me with dread.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

AXA are covering medical side of Coronavirus just not cancellations. I’m planning on booking August 2021. We have travel insurance through our bank which is AXA policy. If airline or hotel was to cancel you would get money back or use credit card to get money back.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’re hoping to move our dates from 2020 to 2021, so we’ll still be insured. If that’s not possible, we’re planning to look at booking with low cancellation costs / good T&Cs, pay on credit cards, and making sure we have medical coverage for coronavirus (plus normal travel insurance for other eventualities, of course.)

I think that’s the best way at the moment - make sure you don’t stand to lose much money if you have to cancel / they cancel, and make sure you’re covered medically.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinklebell View Post
I can't see any secure way to book for next year as Travel insurance won't cover for Coronavirus at the moment. So in my view until they do we think it is too big a risk to take. The thought of getting out there and racking up US medical bills fills me with dread.
We are looking at booking for August next year. Our travel insurance will cover us for medical treatment due to covid19 but like others have said they won’t cover cancellation. We plan to book through Disney and BA so the balance won’t be due until a few weeks before so we should know what is going on by then
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
eggsRspecial
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We are attempting to move our booking to next year. I contacted our insurance (through Nationwide) and they said as long as:

1. We retain the same holiday booking number
2. We auto renew our insurance (due Feb 2021)

then we would still be covered for CV cancellations.
eggsRspecial is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I don't really think we know...

What airlines will be around next year

What routes they will fly

What airports they will operate out of.

Booking flights now is a massive gamble

Disney332