Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 May 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Love Hello Fresh but I might give Gousto a go!
Old 10 May 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Is there a way to see what the menu options are before you give them all your details? That’s putting me off.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
Is there a way to see what the menu options are before you give them all your details? That’s putting me off.
I’ve just had a look and this is putting me off too. I would just like a few examples of the dishes they offer before I commit to ordering which I don’t think you can do.

Gusto aren’t accepting new customers atm. They have meal examples of their website.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thanks guys, they are going to give it a try with the 50% off and then try Gousto to compare the two.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
This puts me off too. I have used them a couple of times but you have to subscribe before you can see what's on offer and then a lot of the menu items carry a premium cost.

We love love love Gousto. So much more choice for us and more transparency in what's on offer plus the ability to just order one off boxes if you want. They have been a god send through lock down. I don't think they are taking new customers at the moment but should be starting again in a week or so. They are upgrading their warehouse at the moment.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

I got a free box from hello fresh a few years ago and we really enjoyed it but haven’t used it since as I feel it’s expensive. However, for those asking if you can see recipes before hand, you definitely can. I look through them for meal inspiration occasionally. If you go on their website, there is a menu button (3 lines) in the top left. Click on that and then click on our menus. You can click the arrows next to the dates to see previous weeks options and the options for future weeks. You can see what they’re planning up until the week ending June 12th at the moment
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

We use simply cook. We did use hello fresh for a few
Months but felt very tied having to use the meals up as the meat would be past it’s best.
We now have one simply cook box per month, it comes with the spices and you just add your own meat and veggies etc. This way we can have it as and when we want, with the meat of our choice. I normally grab yellow ticket meat in Tesco so we can then adjust the meals and cook what we want when we want
Old 11 May 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We used to get hellofresh and were pleased with them. We swapped to gousto when they had an offer on and never went back to hellofresh as we found there was more recipes with gousto and found the ingredients better quality, however the size portions are smaller with gousto. They’re not small portions but hellofresh had big portions. We eat the veggie meals and DH ordered the odd meat meal with hellofresh and found the meat portions small, we’ve not had meat with gousto to compare. Gousto is cheaper too.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We have had both and the morrisons version too... I liked the way the the hello fresh meals were boxed (all ingredients in numbered bags) but then found that a number of the nicer meals had extra costs.
A couple of weeks I decided to try Gousto again as I was getting fed up of the same meals, even though I rotate menus, and was added to a waiting list, gave them a ring and was re registered as I work for the NHS. I’ve had 4 meals for 2 people for £34.95... they have now started to pack the meals in bags like hello fresh and I’ve never had a problem with them. I find it encourages us to try different meals and it’s so easy.
Hello fresh uses DPD to deliver and Gousto uses Yodel...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Hello fresh uses DPD to deliver and Gousto uses Yodel...
It's the other way round for us so must depend on where you live. I prefer DPD as you get a text with a timeslot. We didn't get that with Yodel.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List