Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 May 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile August 2020

I honestly don’t think summer holidays this year will happen. Even if they do, I really don’t think I want to go. Obviously if we choose to cancel, we lose our money so for now we’ll wait & see what happens. However, my DH has just put it all into perspective for me. I was saying I don’t really want to lose the £1100 we’ve paid for flights. His response was that life is worth much more than that!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are in the same position and I completely agree with your DH. I'm hoping the flights get cancelled and we can get a refund. If not we might pay the amendment fee and change them for eleven months time. There's no price on health though.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
We are in the same position and I completely agree with your DH. I'm hoping the flights get cancelled and we can get a refund. If not we might pay the amendment fee and change them for eleven months time. There's no price on health though.
I would just change to next year too. However, it will be a busy year for us. One DS will have GCSEs, possibly a 4 week NCS course, results day, college induction etc. My other DS will have A Levels, results, university to sort (or whatever he decides to do next). So I don’t think we can really plan in advance for next year.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

We are in the same position as you.Flights booked and paid for in full with virgin.This was meant to be our final family holiday as DS has A levels next year and as you say there’s results and universities to sort out. I really just want a refund as we can’t afford to lose £2400 but I think we have no chance to be honest the way virgin are behaving. I just don’t know what to do!
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve just checked about the villa. We’ve paid a deposit, which we would lose & if we cancel more than 8 weeks in advance, that’s all we lose. The flights have been paid in full so if we cancel, we lose it all.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Old 14 May 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

The likelihood of flight quarantine, fco advice and foreign advice ok UK entry is very low for this summer. Hang tight and wait for refund. Pointless cancelling outright if you arent going to pay to move holiday.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
The likelihood of flight quarantine, fco advice and foreign advice ok UK entry is very low for this summer. Hang tight and wait for refund. Pointless cancelling outright if you arent going to pay to move holiday.
We’ve cancelled the villa before we had to pay the balance. I thought we’d lose the deposit but we have a credit for some of it to re-book. We have nothing to lose by holding off on the flights as they’re paid in full anyway.
Old 17 May 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Essie1000
Very Serious Dibber

We were due to go Spain this August with family, which we were all looking forward to, villa and flights booked. We all decided that we should cancel as if restrictions are in place we wouldn’t be able to have the holiday we had planned and also the worry of Covid -19, luckily we are getting full refund for flights and villa which will be going back into the saving pot for summer 2021

You have to do what’s best for you.
July 2019 Westhaven & RPR

Edited at 10:42 AM.
Essie1000 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List