Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 31 May 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Centre Parcs 2021

We’ve a shed load of compensation vouchers to use
Way more than we asked for (lodge wasn’t ready for early check in. Wasn’t as close as we’d paid extra forwell away from other family all of us on the same booking )
They sorted us out within an hour bigger lodge than we’d booked moved the other 3 households and us as close as we could be etc
We are looking at October 21 two 4 bed lodges but they have daily house keeping can we opt out we don’t need or want it not looking for money back
We just don’t do housekeeping services actually causes me more stress as I feel I need to tidy up make beds clean the bathrooms load the dishwasher etc having to be out to let them in
If we can’t ill deal with it but it will be downer for us

Edited at 11:20 PM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

I think you can request that they don't come. I've only stayed in a lodge with housekeeping once, and it's not too intrusive. A quick vaccum/ make the beds etc. If you put the dishwasher on before you go out and it's finished by the time they come around, they'll put everything back in the cupboards for you. They also change the towels on the Wednesday if you leave them in the porch.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a lodge with housekeeping last year and we just told her not to come but she did knock to drop off loo rolls for us each day and to check if we needed everything which was nice.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Thankyou but even a quick vacuum would be too much for me I vacuum the lodge as we go out the door every day wellies boots we bring our bikes in every night I could cope with clean towels sheets etc left in the porch mid week if we could leave same for uplift
I just don’t feel anyone should have to clean up after us
Yes after we leave but I’ve steipped the beds all the lausr6 in the front hall hoover cleaned the dkitchen bathrooms fridge dishwasher on wiped down dinning table washed floors etc
But that’s me
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

We opted out, last January, they had to come and see to the hot tub every morning, but that’s all, if we needed anything they just dropped it off.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We’ve not booked yet as our party has several shielding vouchers
But we can opt out of house keeping just hot tub check every day
Which will suit us fine we do have to if we have a spa bath run the jets daily which won’t be an issue
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

If you run the jets on the bath, take some Milton with you to run thru. before you use it, that’s what we use on our bath at home
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Flowertot
Apprentice Imagineer

Flowertot's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We’ve a shed load of compensation vouchers to use
Way more than we asked for (lodge wasn’t ready for early check in. Wasn’t as close as we’d paid extra forwell away from other family all of us on the same booking )
They sorted us out within an hour bigger lodge than we’d booked moved the other 3 households and us as close as we could be etc
We are looking at October 21 two 4 bed lodges but they have daily house keeping can we opt out we don’t need or want it not looking for money back
We just don’t do housekeeping services actually causes me more stress as I feel I need to tidy up make beds clean the bathrooms load the dishwasher etc having to be out to let them in
If we can’t ill deal with it but it will be downer for us
You don’t need to be in for them coming, but if you don’t want them just put a note in the window at the door. We often say we don’t need them.
Flowertot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Yes very simple to do, I still let them knock though as they change kitchen towels and toilet roll (just hand over at door)