Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Aug 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Fantastic birthday trip Libby and Benj!🎂🎂 happy Birthday Benj.

Love your Ears Libby and your world showcase tshirt. What a lovely birthday.

Really enjoying reading along💕
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jcourt39
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Dump Cakes 😄😄😆😆😂😂🤣🤣
I would've picked that exact trio of delights in tgis 😋😋
Rachael X X x
jcourt39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I was really excited to see you were going to Lake Eola for the farmers market as that's what we plan to do on our next trip! What a shame though that all the stalls packed up, darn rain. Glad to know you still had a good time though! Random Q but did you notice if there was any wifi spots around the lake area? My only concern with going is calling an Uber to get back if there's no wifi!

TGIs looks good, you had a much bettet meal there than us! When we went it was super busy so they sat us on one of those small bar tables and we could only order from the bar menu. It wasn't good at all! But I reckon if we had a proper table like you it would have been a better experience
Aww i know it was such a shame! I'd say it's def worth going though, think it would have been super cute if we hadn't been so unlucky with the weather! Hmmmm, I'm not sure about around the lake but there was a coffee shop near the lake, and then a few steps away where we got out the Uber there was a Walgreens and they'd def have WiFi there! If not, nip into a bar for a quick drink and borrow their WiFi while you call an Uber!

Aww that's a shame about your TGIs experience, we loved it! I guess we were lucky with the business! Thank you for reading along and commenting x
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Fantastic birthday trip Libby and Benj!🎂🎂 happy Birthday Benj.

Love your Ears Libby and your world showcase tshirt. What a lovely birthday.

Really enjoying reading along💕
Thank you lovely! I passed on your birthday wishes to Benj So glad you're enjoying it! xxx

Originally Posted by jcourt39 View Post
Dump Cakes 😄😄😆😆😂😂🤣🤣
I would've picked that exact trio of delights in tgis 😋😋
Rachael X X x
Hahah excellent choice! It was so gooooooddd! xxxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Day 5

Monday 23rd April 2018

RIGHT. I’m flying to California in TWENTY NINE DAYS and I really want to get this dining review wrapped up so I can focus on that! (Let’s not talk about the fact that I also have an outstanding 2016 trippie to finish...ONE THING AT A TIME PEOPLE, PLEASE) SO, let’s get to it!

Day five of our 7 day trip! Today was a pretty chilled one but we had some mega fun things planned, the main one of which was meeting our beautiful wedding photographer Ashley Jane and her husband at Disney Springs, yay!

We were up and at em early this morning with another delicious breakfast in the hotel.

Honestly I know I’ve banged on about this every day of this dining review but it was honestly such a great breakfast for FREE. As you can see I had a lovely plate of hot bits and a bagel on the side. Delish!

We then nipped back up to the room to brush our teeth and grab the random things we always forget, took a quick (pretty darn cute) selfie, then headed off to I-Drive 360.

We really just went for a little wander to kill some time this morning before we headed to Disney Springs later on. Benj fancied going into the arcade there and even though arcades aren’t really my jam, I was up for a browse because he’s cute

He cashed in some change and got a little ‘membership’ card!

The next 20 minutes or so was spent playing games and I have to say I actually had the best time haha! I’ve never really gone to an arcade before but it turns out I’m AMAZING at shoot em up games; I totally beat Benj on the Walking Dead game! It was really tense but once I’d got the hang of it, it was so fun! I was buzzin from the adrenaline so after a quick selfie with a lone zombie, we played a Jurrassic Park game which Ben said would be very similar!

Zombie game

Local zomb

JP action

The JP game was even more tense but I still lived a long time AND I hadn’t even realised that for the first 20 seconds or so I was pressing the wrong button! I feel like it was Ben’s proudest moment.

After all the gaming fun we both nipped to the loo; this was a bit odd because Ben had watched a vlog or something where someone said the toilets were really nice haha! And they absolutely were! They were all futuristic and modern and there were music videos playing! I was loving it so obvs I took photos.

After the arcade we explored a bit more of I-Drive 360 and then headed back to the hotel to change, before getting an Uber to Crossroads because we were having lunch at SWEET TOMATOES WOOOOO! My fave ever!

We’d debated a couple of different places for lunch but this made sense because then we could Uber to Disney Springs where we were spending the rest of the afternoon/evening. I was so happy!
Sweet Tomatoes was as incredible as ever and I ate SO MUCH. It’s so cheap too, it was $20 for 2 lunches and 2 soft drinks. Insaneeeeee! This was really good for this day as we’d have more money for expensive Disney cocktails!

My first plate

Mainly the amazing Joan’s Broccoli Madness and their Chinese salad which has crispy wonton pieces and a sesame dressing and is just sooooooooooo good!

I also got the obligatory garlic cheese bread

Ben’s plate, a real mix! He’s so good, he actually makes his own salads which aren’t pre-drenched in dressing and fatty goodness. Not me, I’m all about the pre-made stuff sistahh.

My second plate...I can tell it’s mine because once again it’s Joan’s Broccoli Madness and the Chinese salad…

And this is also mine! WHat is going on, I have no more photos of Ben’s food and the next one is dessert and I know that was mine too!

I HAVE to get a little cup of chilli, but really it’s sour cream, cheese and bacon bits with like a Tbsp chilli mmmm

And yes, this was my dessert. I have no idea if Ben had any more food, I probably wouldn’t even have noticed if he had because I only had eyes for my broccoli salad, chinese salad and chilli, and everything else in the world ceased to exist for the duration of this lunch.

We staggered out of ST’s, called an Uber and were arriving in the Marketplace in no time at all. Ain’t nobody got time for that stroll up Hotel Plaza Boulevard (see 2015 Christmas dining review)

We wandered around for a bit as we were early to meet Ashley and Jacob. I saw this amazing book in one shop which I really wish I’d bought but for some reason I didn’t *sigh* I just don’t think I’ve ever seen a book that meets my interests more though!

After a bit more shopping it was time to meet Ashley Jane, Jacob and little Evie who we were SO EXCITED to meet for the first time! We walked over to Jock Lindsay’s Hanger Bar and they were stood outside, yay! I got so so excited as we walked up and then we all hugged and kissed and it was so amazing to see them again, we were so happy! We first met Ashley and Jacob in 2015 during our wedding planning trip and we’ve remained friends ever since! Obviously she took THE MOST INSANELY BEAUTIFUL photos for our wedding and we can’t thank her enough, but she was also such a calming influence to me in the run up to and on the wedding day itself which I can also never thank her enough for! She’s just the sweetest, kindest person, and her husband and baby girl are just as sweet too.

We enjoyed several drinks together and they insisted on paying which was so so kind and generous of them, Ashley was actually half way though a wedding at Epcot haha and going back to photograph the dessert party later on that afternoon! We were so honoured that she’d taken time out of her work day when she should have been resting, to meet us! She was on the water, don’t worry!

After a good couple of hours it was time to say goodbye They had brightened up our day though and it was a truely special meet up.
We were in fabulous moods after our drinks so we headed into a few more shops to do some more window shopping (we had no money to actually buy stuff haha!) and pose for essential photos:

We’d soon had enough of shopping and decided it was time for a well-earned (slash not at all earned) cocktail. As we’d been cruelly deprived of a drink at Dockside Margs after it being so busy on the Friday, we were thrilled to see it was only medium busy, and there were two fabulous seats right in front of the performer. Our old mate Tom was serving which made us so happy and we swiftly ordered the usual, one Margarita and one Rum Runner. We then sat and enjoyed our cocktails with the sun beginning to down across the water in front of us, a wonderful man playing guitar in front of us, and my love next to me. Utter perfection, and this is what we love doing on our holidays.

Sheer bliss!

We weren’t going to get another round (haha, yeah right you’re thinking!) but then the adorbs guitar player started taking requests and as we’d already had a few drinks we were not afraid to shout suggestions out as no one else was! So then we had to get another drink as he was playing wall to wall bangers! My night was then absolutely made when he played American Pie (just the short version) possibly my favourite song of all time. Ahhhh. Happy Libby. We then gave him a generous tip in his little basket, and he gave me a CD to say thank you haha! Which unfortunately I haven’t played...slash don’t have a CD player...so retro, I love it.

After a much longer sesh than initially anticipated, it was time to end the night with a beautiful Blaze pizza, and head home. The queue at Blaze was insane but obviously we weren’t going to go anywhere else, so we just queued outside discussing the various topping routes we could take until it was our go.

I wonder if you can guess whose was whose?

If you guessed that the sensible veggie heavy one was Bens and the ridiculously over-loaded cheese fest was mine...YOU’D BE BANG ON! Hahah. Yep I got all the cheese again and all the veggies I think, no meat this time, plus the garlic, basil and olive oil drizzle they chuck on at the end. So, so good, one of my favourite pizzas ever! I couldn’t eat it all obviously so took some to go in the cute little half pizza boxes they offer.

We ordered an Uber from the comfort of our seats outside Blaze then headed home, straight to bed! The next day was a BIG day...Magic Kingdom!
Old 5 Sep 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Ooh gotta love Dockside Margaritas!

Pizza looks sooooo good too.

Here's a really random off topic girly Q - what shade lipstick are you wearing in these pictures? It's a really lovely colour

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I looooooove Dockside Margs! Such a magical spot when the sun is setting x
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Oh_Darling, don't stop now 😭
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Ooh gotta love Dockside Margaritas!

Pizza looks sooooo good too.

Here's a really random off topic girly Q - what shade lipstick are you wearing in these pictures? It's a really lovely colour
Hi lovely! It's either Bow and Arrow or Ludwig, both Kat Von D, I only ever wear these two they are the best matte liquid lipsticks ever! They stay on alllll day! Thank you xxx
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
I looooooove Dockside Margs! Such a magical spot when the sun is setting x
I know it's the best isn't it! Best bar ever xxxxx