Old 22 May 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I am so glad to see you so positive Abby!

Have you just seen the news about Universal? They've propose a soft opening June 1st and rest of the public, 6th June ... all sounds promising, maybe Disney will follow suit in a few weeks? I have everything crossed for you xx
Thanks Kelly, I've now seen lots of the guidelines released about how it will work in the parks. It seems that they are being very thorough and operating virtual queue and temp checks.

I know this is going to sound silly but now they are opening I'm feeling apprehensive I suppose the idea of being on a plane in the confined space is the thing that worries me the most. Before when we had no parks open it was easy to be hopeful, maybe that was bravado? I don't know, but now the parks are opening I'm less sure of myself. I'm sorry I sound like I don't know what I want and I should be singing from the rooftops but I'm worrying.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Abby - it definitely sounds like Disney and Universal will be open for you Stay positive - you will have an amazing time!
As you will have seen from my reply above I'm having second thoughts! I know it's crazy...shoot me now, it's what we've all been hoping for and I'm still not happy

I'm pleased the parks are opening and doing their best to enforce safety measures. It's the getting there that bothers me. It seems we're far less at risk being outdoors, so being in Florida is fine, it's the getting there that is the problem. I know I said that already I suppose it still isn't really a problem as the FCO advice hadn't changed and the introduction of the 14 day quarantine is going to be a problem if the travel ban is lifted.

I'm going to just pause and not worry for a little while and see what happens.

I am pleased the parks are open it is looking good. That is a fact! But...planes that's a thing...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know what you mean, as I was just saying to Glen that it looks like the possibility of being able to go is getting greater everyday. And that in the end it may be a choice of whether we actually want to go! 🤔

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I know what you mean, as I was just saying to Glen that it looks like the possibility of being able to go is getting greater everyday. And that in the end it may be a choice of whether we actually want to go! 🤔

Kat x
Aah, thanks Kat. I'm glad its not just me. Plenty of people have had trips cancelled and will think I'm crazy to be second guessing and would jump at the chance of going...it really isn't Florida that bothers me...if only I could apparate then it would be fine, or even a port key!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I think it’s only natural to feel both ways excited and apprehensive as it’s all different to what you are used to.

We were saying today that it will be really hard to watch if people get away over the holidays but that it’s also good ours was cancelled as end of June is hardly any time away. So I totally get it.

With the announcement that Scottish schools won’t go back to August I think Joe is feeling that’s a long time to be stuck at home with us.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you that it goes the way you want!
Old 22 May 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Aah, thanks Kat. I'm glad its not just me. Plenty of people have had trips cancelled and will think I'm crazy to be second guessing and would jump at the chance of going...it really isn't Florida that bothers me...if only I could apparate then it would be fine, or even a port key!
Haha, I had to look up what apparate meant! Yes, I quite fancy that idea! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Thanks Kelly, I've now seen lots of the guidelines released about how it will work in the parks. It seems that they are being very thorough and operating virtual queue and temp checks.

I know this is going to sound silly but now they are opening I'm feeling apprehensive I suppose the idea of being on a plane in the confined space is the thing that worries me the most. Before when we had no parks open it was easy to be hopeful, maybe that was bravado? I don't know, but now the parks are opening I'm less sure of myself. I'm sorry I sound like I don't know what I want and I should be singing from the rooftops but I'm worrying.

As you will have seen from my reply above I'm having second thoughts! I know it's crazy...shoot me now, it's what we've all been hoping for and I'm still not happy

I'm pleased the parks are opening and doing their best to enforce safety measures. It's the getting there that bothers me. It seems we're far less at risk being outdoors, so being in Florida is fine, it's the getting there that is the problem. I know I said that already I suppose it still isn't really a problem as the FCO advice hadn't changed and the introduction of the 14 day quarantine is going to be a problem if the travel ban is lifted.

I'm going to just pause and not worry for a little while and see what happens.

I am pleased the parks are open it is looking good. That is a fact! But...planes that's a thing...
I know exactly what you mean. I was really hoping the decision would be taken out of my hands. The plane is a real worry and I'm also quite concerned that America is opening up to soon and will have a huge increase in the number of cases which would put us more at risk when we are there. We simply couldn't go if there was two weeks quarantine in place on return because school would be back, but I doubt our insurance would cover us if we chose not to go because of that. What will happen with swimming? Swimming outdoors is a big part of the holiday for the girls but has anyone actually assessed if sharing a pool with lots of strangers is safe? Sorry I'm sure my ramblings really haven't helped but these are all the things going around in my head today.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

The FCO is still saying essential travel only - so I think that means your insurance should pay out. There also isn’t any date in place for the ‘air corridors’ the government mentioned, so I wonder if the flights will even go ahead. I think Greece has already said they’re not letting Brits in!

We’re supposed to be having a big family holiday to Spain at the end of July but are definitely not going now. None of us can do the quarantine afterwards but I have to admit that my main reason is that I think it’s way too soon and scary.

I totally understand your conflicting feelings Abby - and all the uncertainty can’t be helping I’m sure.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Oh Abby - I completely understand... I'm still confused over my own decision and keep wondering if by some miracle I'll be able to book a last minute flight and go in the Summer! The next minute I wonder if even Christmas is possible...! I wore a face mask in the pharmacy today and I'll admit that the thought of wearing that for hours doesn't appeal even though I have a very lovely Mickey Mouse reusable one Are you able to avoid decision making for a while... I spoke to WDW today. I have an AP which will have been used for 10 days this year so trying to see if they can help me with that... Current policy is extend or refund the amount of days closed but I'm asking whether they can consider international travel and the difficulties being able to get there even though we desperately want to! If I extend it would cover Christmas but realised it is a Gold pass with black out days! Aaargh! The good news is that they refunded me for the H2O Glow Night I had booked... Just Cirque Du Soleil left but they aren't responding at moment! Really hope you can go so we can all see a little of WDW through your TR this Summer and selfishly so that I can believe that the Christmas trip will happen!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Oh Abby, I don't think you're mad at all. It's completely understandable. As much as I said I would still go, I'm not sure it would have been the experience we were expecting and wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

In some ways I think it's harder for you to have to make that decision, as I mentioned before, when it's take out your hands you kinda don't have a choice, but when you have to make it, it can be hard.

Are you on school break now? Have you got anything planned? Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=Goldia;14471381]I'm a bit worried that this year is your last Florida year for a while, it's brought me out in a cold sweat.

Yesterday I went to Tesco as usual and they had 50% off clothes and Max has grown exponentially since lockdown started and last year's shorts now look like hotpants, so I video called him and asked him if he liked the look of any of the men's shorts there and how many pairs he had grown out of. Anyway, the reason for this story is he asked how many pairs he'd need for our holiday and that made me fear the chat was not a good thing so when I got home I made it very clear to them that I really don't think we will be going this year and that while it was nice to talk about our favourite rides it wasn't because I thought we would be doing them in a couple of months. He said he did know that, he just wanted to be prepared in case we get to go. It was pretty depressing as conversations go as I made sure they understood that the FCO ban had no end date so that even though nothing had been cancelled it was impossible at the moment. Dave suggested a trip to Scotland or Wales instead. The kids still wanted to talk Disney on our walk, so we dreamt about our 'perfect Disney day’[\QUOTE]

Scotland sounds like a good plan we could do cocktails on your way up there!
Max might be able to wear his shorts as long as he has a hoodie...the weather has been really nice- long may it continue... I nearly rang Disney yesterday to try and cancel but I decided I wasn’t quite ready for the phone call.
We are watching The Middle with the girls and we got up to the Disney trip Sue won, I had to disappear out of the room as some pixie dust must have got in my eye I really don’t want to not go but I know it’s not happening, I wouldn’t want to be walking around in the heat with a mask and the thought of all my flights and the different airports just wouldn’t be good...still very doubtful that international travel would be allowed! I’m definitely in Disney depression mode
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List