Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Aug 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
clyde/seymore
Serious Dibber

Wild Africa Trek - anyone chickened out at the bridge?

I’ve just booked to do the Wild Africa Trek and really excited. However I’m terrible with heights but I’m desperately trying to convince myself it will be fine. It’s Disney, I’m wearing a harness, little kids do it etc etc. But I’m worried i’ll Get to the bridge and just not be able to do it! Anyone else had a similar experience. Or scared of heights but managed it?
clyde/seymore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

It's a breeze and nothing to worry about.

There's a net under the bridge so if you were to slip (not that you would) you can't fall through (+harness etc).

Remember the US are very litigious and Disney wouldn't risk any injuries / claims.

Great trek and I loved it
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
My mum is terrified of heights and she managed it. She just mentioned it to the trek guide at the beginning and they made sure she could go at a time that was comfortable for her (I.e. When dad was at the other end for her to focus on, but before other families so she didn't have to wait forever getting nervous staring at the bridge!)

She focused straight ahead and just kept walking. As others have said, it's all netted in so if you were to miss a step you wouldn't fall. And of course you're all harnessed in.

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 09:49 AM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hushabyepie
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’m terrified of heights and managed it. Just focused ahead and took my time. To be fair by the time I’d reached the 3/4 mark I was relaxing and starting to look around me and take it all in.

Enjoy the experience - it really is an amazing way to spend three hours.
hushabyepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

DH is terrified of heights and managed it.

He was the last one over other than the guide, so had time and no-one watching. The bridge is a really small part of the day, he didn't think about it beforehand as we were looking at the animals.
Old 31 Aug 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'm not the best with heights, as has been said though, it's been completely 'Disneyed!' you couldn't feel safer. Link to our experience in my signature if you'd like.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shysarah
Very Serious Dibber

shysarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We did this last trip and I'm not good with heights. DH and I were last to go across so I went first in the hope that DH would support coming after me. However, the b******d started shaking the bridge from side to side, I was petrified. The Disney guide gave him a right rollicking and I managed to finally get across! The staff are brilliant, I explained I was nervous of heights and they helped me get across. It's a great tour you'll love it!
Old 1 Sep 18, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

The first time we did this there was a nervous person in our party, and the guides were really good with them. Go for it!

(PS I bet that if you really couldn't bear it, they would have a plan to get you to the next bit)
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I don't like heights,but I managed it, a little scary but once achieved it was brilliant!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Just take it easy and enjoy it. Don't rush across just to get across quickly. Pause and enjoy the view / take photos
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List