Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 7 Sep 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Package delivery to Disney resort

I’m thinking of doing an online order for Bath & Body Works but not sure how far in advance to do it so it’s there for us arriving without being too early. The website says delivery can take 2 - 7 working days so I wondered if it would be ok to do it now?

Any advice?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m thinking of doing an online order for Bath & Body Works but not sure how far in advance to do it so it’s there for us arriving without being too early. The website says delivery can take 2 - 7 working days so I wondered if it would be ok to do it now?

Any advice?

I did one for Michael Kors website and delivery was 2-7 working days. I left it til we had 4 days left to go as I figured the max Disney had to hold it for was 2 days if it arrived at 2 days out or it would arrive when we were there. I was advised it was delivered when we checked in and they brought it to the room.

I didn’t want to order too early as I thought they may return it to sender as I’d read on another forum your details don’t become available to the resort from Central Resevations until 3-4 days before your check in day. Thus they don’t have your name or arrival day until then - I thought if they received a parcel before getting that info they may return it as they have no record of a guest under that name (present or future)
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Yes that’s a thought. My issue is we only have a week so if I leave it too late we may be home!
I’m also mad because they had a Labour day sale but that would have been nearly 3 weeks out and I thought that was pushing it!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes that’s a thought. My issue is we only have a week so if I leave it too late we may be home!
I’m also mad because they had a Labour day sale but that would have been nearly 3 weeks out and I thought that was pushing it!
I feel you. It’s annoying when you miss the sales etc.

I know people have success with personal shopper services who also hold packages but if it’s only for this then it doesn’t seem cost effective.

How about ordering 5 days before you travel? That way if it takes two days Disney will still have your details and if it takes the maximum of 7, then it should arrive on your 2nd day?

Hopefully someone will be along with experience of ordering a couple of weeks before. I was probably being over cautious.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Starb
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I'm at AKL now and did an order for BBW. My packages did actually arrive within 2 days of ordering and were delivered to the resort almost 2 weeks before I arrived. There was no issue at all.
Starb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to hijack but I didn’t realise you could do this! Do you just put your name, care of the hotel as your delivery address?

There’s some bath and body works retired fragrances I love they you can only get online, but I thought the personal shopping service fees would be too high where I’m only getting one parcel.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Sorry to hijack but I didn’t realise you could do this! Do you just put your name, care of the hotel as your delivery address?

There’s some bath and body works retired fragrances I love they you can only get online, but I thought the personal shopping service fees would be too high where I’m only getting one parcel.
If you’re staying at a Disney hotel there is a $5 per parcel handling fee. Some Dibbers have reported that they didn’t pay the fee but I did (2 parcels so a $10 fee). The personal shoppers may be more cost effective if you’re ordering several parcels.

I’ve stayed in other US hotels and have had online shopping delivered to them. I just send an email to check they’ll accept the parcels and as long as they agree I’ll put the arrival date somewhere in the address.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
If you’re staying at a Disney hotel there is a $5 per parcel handling fee. Some Dibbers have reported that they didn’t pay the fee but I did (2 parcels so a $10 fee). The personal shoppers may be more cost effective if you’re ordering several parcels.

I’ve stayed in other US hotels and have had online shopping delivered to them. I just send an email to check they’ll accept the parcels and as long as they agree I’ll put the arrival date somewhere in the address.
Thank you!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Starb View Post
I'm at AKL now and did an order for BBW. My packages did actually arrive within 2 days of ordering and were delivered to the resort almost 2 weeks before I arrived. There was no issue at all.
That’s useful. I’ll have a look next weekend and decide if we’re doing an order or just going to the outlets.

Trip Report Index
Old 10 Sep 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

I'm giving the outlets a miss this year (was only going for B&BW anyway) so am looking to order online.

Was going to wait a bit but i'm starting to lose my nerve on the $12 candles + 20% off deal as it's candles i'm wanting. Don't wan't to wait too long as the candles full price are $25 I think. Might place an order in the next few days.

Just in case you missed it, there's 20% off sitewide by using code 4TWPF1

Can be used with other offers advertised (but no other discount codes).

EDIT - Oh bum! looks like I've already missed the candle offer, it's changed. Never mind, will wait for something else to pop up.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List