Notices

Old 27 Oct 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Great read! We are going next year too and can’t wait! Your plans sound great what a lovely holiday it will be for 28 nights! I look forward to seeing your plans swap and change and your end result! Have you picked any ADR’s yet?
Thank you. We can't wait for a nice long break. I don't think there will be too many changes to our plans but you never quite know. I'm waiting for another couple of months before I make any ADR decisions. That's when I'll decide whether we will upgrade to the DxDDP. The plans will look very different depending on that decision. There are a few breakfasts I'd like to do and then some signatures for dinner. However, if we don't upgrade it will probably be a completely different list of lunch/dinner ADRs.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Following Another family of 5 doing a Disney/villa split stay here so very interested to read about your plans. Will check out your past trippies when I get chance aswell.
Old 8 Nov 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LizzyBear View Post
Following Another family of 5 doing a Disney/villa split stay here so very interested to read about your plans. Will check out your past trippies when I get chance aswell.
For us, a split stay really is the best of both worlds. I love a Disney on-site stay but don't think you can beat heading off to a lovely villa once you have had enough of it all.

I'll apologise for all the typos in my trip report if you scan through it I Must proof read next time I do one!
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

A slight change of plans

So I'm sure it won't come as a massive surprise to anyone who followed our first pre-trip report for 2018 that we have made a slight change to our accommodation for this trip. Click here for the link to our previous trip.

I always had in mind that we would have a couple of nights or some day trips to the west coast having enjoyed our trip over to Clearwater so much last time.

We are still doing our first 5 nights in Disney's Yacht Club.

Our plan since last December was then 21 nights at Hibiscus Ridge. I have decided to take a bit of a gamble. We know how much we love staying at this villa and the owners are truly fantastic. By mutual agreement we have reduced our stay here to 16 nights. This frees up the last 5 nights of our holiday and gives the owner a fortnight gap before the booking following ours.

If anyone wants a fantastic villa for 14 nights July 2020 then I recommend securing this rapidly (if it hasn't already been filled within 24 hours). Link the villa page here

After some amazing Dibbers giving us great information and advice we have now booked a new villa for 5 nights over in Cape Coral. It feels like a bit of a gamble, after being so comfortable and happy with Hibiscus Ridge, to finish our holiday in a area and villa we don't know.

Deposit has been paid on a nice little villa on the waterways in Cape Coral.

Hopefully it will live up to our previous accommodations and although we are a little nervous about it we are really looking forward to some chill out time in a part of Florida we have not visited before.

A few pictures of the villa:

Swimming pool and waterfront location

Living room and dining area

Just 3 bedrooms for us to fight over here

We have some more studying to do so we can plan what we do here. I think it will make a nice base to explore a little of the area. We have been seriously thinking about self hiring a boat for three days and docking it at the villa. However, following Dibb advice I think I we may go for a hire for a day or two with a Captain. Sally thinks I will get us lost out in the middle of the Gulf for a few days!

In other news Emma's new passport came yesterday. I sat down and lost an hour or so of my life last night filling out our new Esta applications. I have just checked and they have all been approved which is a bit of a relief I suppose.

ADR day is less than two months away and we will likely add SeaWorld/Busch/Aquatica tickets at some point soon.

We may have one more person joining us on this trip but I will update re that in the next couple of months if it is confirmed.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Eeeekkkk! This trip sounds epic, I'm so excited and can't wait to see the plans evolve. I'm always a bit apprehensive exploring new areas but it sounds like your gonna have a lovely time.

We still have our ESTAs to do too 😩 I need to renew Caitlin and noahs passport before I can. So it'll be after Christmas before we can x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Eeeekkkk! This trip sounds epic, I'm so excited and can't wait to see the plans evolve. I'm always a bit apprehensive exploring new areas but it sounds like your gonna have a lovely time.

We still have our ESTAs to do too 😩 I need to renew Caitlin and noahs passport before I can. So it'll be after Christmas before we can x
The trip is really taking shape now and all of our accommodations are now set in stone
Wanting to add a few little extras so that it matches up well to our last trip which we absolutely loved.
We had to wait to get Emma's new passport before we could get our Estas and it was just one of those things we were not getting round to. Glad its all done and now need to start thinking about our ADR's which we need to get booked in 52 days... will have to have our onsite itinerary taking shape by then and haven't really put too much thought into that yet.

I'm also keeping an eye on flight prices for our potential extra guest but they are looking pretty horrific at the moment
Old 19 Dec 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So we have been watching flight prices for ages to add an extra guest for part of our trip next year. We had eagerly been awaiting the BA sale which was announced today and proved to be of no help whatsoever. Anyway, we have caved in so Chloe's boyfriend Sam will now fly in to MCO after our first 6 nights and then fly back from Tampa with us at the end of the trip.

Chloe and Sam are really looking forward to it. Emma will be over the moon when she finds out Sam is coming too but we may not tell her until he arrives.

Now only 15 days until ADR day... we are working on our choices so that we are in a position to get them sorted.
Old 20 Dec 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Aww that will be so lovely

Good luck with the ADR's, I found them so much easier to get this year.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas if we don't speak before then xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Aww that will be so lovely

Good luck with the ADR's, I found them so much easier to get this year.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas if we don't speak before then xx
Thank you Kelly. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.

I really hope our ADR day goes smoothly. 1 week today! I have a couple on our list that I think may be problematic getting them for when we want so I have my fingers firmly crossed!

Edited at 04:28 PM.
Old 27 Dec 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So I have made one more (planned) purchase over Christmas.

I have booked our SeaWorld tickets.

We booked with Orlando Attractions and just paid a £10 deposit. I didn't even get tempted by Universal Tickets this year which is an improvement. Makes for a duller Pre-trip report when I have some self control though.

We will definitely do a day... and maybe two at Busch Gardens this trip as we haven't been since 2011. I'm not sure if we will squeeze Aquatica in but will have the option if we decide to.

I am also deep into arranging a surprise for Sally's 40th in March (not Disney or Florida related) but can't even say anything on here as she may see it. I am NOT good at surprises as I have a very big mouth

Edited at 04:29 PM.